Two factor authentication no valid for 30 days

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Two factor authentication no valid for 30 days

What's being done about the 2F Authentication not being valid for 30 days. I need to put a code in every time despite ticking the "valid for 30 days" box.

Is this problem going to be fixed? I see I'm not the only one frustrated by this.

Deleting cookings is not solving the problem either.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
316 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

316Posts

66Kudos

58Solutions

Re: Two factor authentication no valid for 30 days

Hi @LindaeleM

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great source of information.

Generally, there a couple of things that could affect it from working:

• If you are logging in from another device (browser or computer) that you haven’t selected “remember for 30 days”, then you will be required to enter the 2-factor authentication code for that device.
  • If the browser is not correctly caching the data (AccountRight software does use your browser from the backend to process 2-Factor Authentification). Best to clear your browser's cache and cookies. If you are using AccountRight you would need to clear the cache/cookies in both your default browser and Internet Explorer/Edge (if they are different).

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Cheers,
Satyam
MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your answer Satyam,

Cleared the cache & cookies on both browsers numerous times over several days. Synced the timing on the authenticator which tells me the timing is already in sync.

Problem is still there. I am usually having to use the authenticator code to be told it has expired and then use the next one that comes up before I can access my files. This is daily!

I use the same authenticator system for another client on Xero with none of these problems, which would have me believe it is a programming problem at your end. I see I am not the only one with these problems, and am not the only person being told to clear the cache & cookies.

There must be something more you can do.

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

We're getting the same problem firm wide and only since the 18.2.1 update. Is there any fix to this problem? It is causing significant downtime in having to access verification codes multiple times each day.

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
36 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

This is happing in our practice too.  It is a total pain to have to do this every time we want to access a file.  We tick authorise this device and have to do it again if we log into the file.  It is not a good use of our time.

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,265 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,265Posts

1,053Kudos

895Solutions

Hi @TraceyShenton

I have requested some information from our Product Team on this, though I encountered the same troubles using AccountRight, even though using Essentials on Google Chrome was working correctly.

As AccountRight's Sign In window is built off Internet Explorer, I was able to play around here until I could solve this for myself. Here is my method in hopes that it helps you also:

1. I opened Internet Options from the Start Menu

temp.PNG

2. I go to the Security Tab and click Trusted Websites:

temp.PNG

3. I opened Sites and add https://*.myob.com

temp.PNG

4. I ensure the Security Level for these specific sites were Low in order to save Cookies.

temp.PNG

Clicking Apply or OK to save these changes, I needed to restart AccountRight to reflect the change.

Please let me know if this works for you also.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app (Starting soon)
In Tray (Server)
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
97 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

97Posts

54Kudos

4Solutions

@Haydesdoes this work for Edge too or just IE? I did just clear the cache in IE now (never ever use this program, but thought I'd just try this as a test first. Tomorrow I will have a go at your fix and see if that makes the difference.

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
36 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Tried that and it still does not work - It is getting extremely frustrating. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,944 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,944Posts

2,186Kudos

477Solutions

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay in posting an update on this matter. Our team have been working in the background and have spoken to a number of MYOB clients and partners who have raised this issue. We've worked through various scenarios to understand what is causing the most pain, many thanks to those of you who have been generous with your time and input. 

As a result of those conversations we’ve created this hints & tips article Trust this device for 30 days which will either help you resolve or explain the specific situations that will negate the “Trust this device” setting where appropriate.  

If you think you have new or unique scenarios that are not covered, we’d really like to talk to you to find out more. We’ll continue to look at ways to streamline your critical security needs.

Attn: @LindaeleM@TandP@doublet@TraceyShenton

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,944 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,944Posts

2,186Kudos

477Solutions

Hi all,

We’re very pleased to update that the issue resulting in the ‘Trust this device for 30 days’ option not working, has now been resolved.

There will still be some circumstances where you will be asked to enter the authentication code, despite having selected ‘Trust this device for 30 days’. The following article Trust this device for 30 days explains the specific situations that will negate the “Trust this device” setting.  

We also recommend referring to our Help article on Two-factor authentication for more information on the topic. 

Thank you one and all for your help and patience while our team worked on resolving this matter. Please do post again should you have any further queries.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post