39 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

39Posts

9Kudos

2Solutions

Two factor authentication

Last night, MYOB dropped the connection to me three times. My NBN link is stable so it had to be at your end. Each time I lost the work I was doing, had to restart MYOB AccountRight Live and each time it wanted the 2 step Authentication done. This morning, it wanted it again to log into the file, despite the 30 day box clicked every time. It also needed it done to log into MYOB Community!  Time wasting, frustrating and extremely annoying since none of us users ever asked for 2 Step Authentication but had it thrust on us by MYOB (and Xero and other SW providers, just because the Yanks introduced it). And what's with the "Satisfaction" box pop up when I'm in the middle of writing a post?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,402Kudos

4,777Solutions

Re: Two factor authentication

Hi @brasstacks 

Two-factor authentication is the new industry standard that a number of different accounting software providers and other applications have used to maintain security with their company files. It is also a requirement that to interact/file electronically with the ATO a two-factor authentication system be in place.

However, in saying that, should you require assistance with two-factor authentication and your MYOB login Help Article: Getting help with two-factor authentication would be the recommendation to review.

I should also note that we did have an update to the two-factor authentication system overnight, which may have affected the Trust this Device for 30 days option. This may require you to enter that verification code again and enable Trust this Device for 30 days option again if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner brasstacks
39 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

39Posts

9Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Two factor authentication

It would help if you read my post and actually answer it instead of answering what you think it said. Several times the link to your server dropped and each time I had to redo the authentication. Not once, not because it clicked over to midnight, but because of a fault at your end.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post