User
Australia
TreasurerFTC

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to Connect

When trying to start my company file I get the message 'Unable to connect - Your account right library file couldn't be opened because the MYOB AccountRight Library Services have not started on this computer. Please try restarting your computer'.  I have tried restarting but get the same message.  I have tried restoring a backup but get the message 'The company file could not be opened. Please check that the MYOB AccountRight Server Locator service is started' 

I have MYOB version 2013.5.15.9262 on a Windows 10 laptop.  I was able to access my files yesterday.  Windows 10 did a large update last night, I don't know if that would affect MYOB.Screenshot 2019-01-11 12.25.44.pngScreenshot 2019-01-11 12.26.41.png 

2 REPLIES 2
ShaneP12
4 Posts
User
ShaneP12

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to Connect

@TreasurerFTC wrote:

When trying to start my company file I get the message 'Unable to connect - Your account right library file couldn't be opened because the MYOB AccountRight Library Services have not started on this computer. Please try restarting your computer'.  I have tried restarting but get the same message.  I have tried restoring a backup but get the message 'The company file could not be opened. Please check that the MYOB AccountRight Server Locator service is started' 

I have MYOB version 2013.5.15.9262 on a Windows 10 laptop.  I was able to access my files yesterday.  Windows 10 did a large update last night, I don't know if that would affect MYOB.Screenshot 2019-01-11 12.25.44.pngScreenshot 2019-01-11 12.26.41.png 

Having similar issues. In need of help ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Shane.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,779 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10779Posts

1208Kudos

1524Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Unable to Connect

Hi @TreasurerFTC

That particular error message is referring to Windows services, which AccountRight uses to run certain functions on that computer. It is possible that the Windows update may have affected these services however it is possible to correct this.

Our help article, AccountRight library service issues, steps through a number of potential solutions. Based on the error message its likely that steps 2 and 3 on that help article will likely resolve your issue. These steps go through how to access and check the appropriate Windows services as well as how to make a small adjustment to keep them running. As this does involve accessing a part of Windows that is a bit technical, if you were unsure of how to do this I recommend speaking with your IT professional

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post