Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to open company file

Hi,

I've posted this last Friday, and again yesterday, and probably have to call and sit on the phone as I can't do any work.

I go through the login process for our online MYOB file, current file shows up alright, but as I go through the process, already the big MYOB screen disappears and only the small windows (password etc.) show. Once I click 'open' the current file, only the small AR icon remains at the bottom of the screen, showing a blank black screen when hovering over it. The AR menu window never opens.

When I close the icon, I do get asked whether I want to back up the file, so the software seems to think a file is open. When I did a backup and went into the backup-zip file, it contained an old file from 2016 though, not the current company file I clicked to open.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the software, we also ran a cleaning tool to clean old registers, but still no success.

Attached is the diagnostic file if that is of any assistance. This is now the third day that I am unable to use MYOB, even though I can login to the file using the MYOB dashboard. However, this is cumbersome to work with and I need the software functioning on my computer.

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
7,988 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,988Posts

700Kudos

1,132Solutions

Re: Unable to open company file

Hi @Anita_DEN 

The error log suggests that the file is corrupt and needs to be sent in for repair. Before we organise to do that, can you confirm if there is no other backup that was taken recently? If there is another recent backup copy, please try restoring that locally and send us your product serial number by Private Message if the issue is still unresolved.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Anita_DEN
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unable to open company file

It is finally solved: For some obscure reason, AccountRight doesn't open properly on my screen anymore, instead I have to hover with the mouse over the small AR icon at the bottom, right click the black square appearing and click 'maximise'. It may have something to do with me changing between monitors at home and at work and working with 3 monitors. And I seem to now only have the choice between 'maximise', i.e. screen-filling, or it disappearing, can't adjust the window size anymore.

But at least I can get in again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post