Contributing Cover User
Paul_Russell
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unlink Bank Account

Hey folks

We need to start a new file however, when importing the bank accounts etc from the current file, there are some issues with Linked Accounts.

There are several default acounts that are included in the Accounts List along with those I imported so now there are both the default Cheque Account (linked to Cheque Payments) plus the imported Bendigo Cheque Account.

I cannot se ewhere to un-link the cheque account from Cheque Payments so that I can then delete this unwanted account.

In addition:

- the imported structure is different e.g. Fixed Assets in the current file is a Header Account but it is now locked in as a Detail Account!

- Trade Debtors, Trade Creditors and Retained Earnings are all duplicated.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,118 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28118Posts

3316Kudos

4136Solutions

Re: Unlink Bank Account

Hi @Paul_Russell

When you create a company file the system will create a series of accounts and use these as linked accounts for various parts of the program. For example, the first bank account General Cheque Account 1 will be a linked account for most banking options. You are welcome to change those linked accounts if they don't match your business requirements. To see and change the linked accounts you can go to Setup>>Linked Accounts - there are various options to go through.

In your case,  you probably want to go through Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales (& Purchases) and update the Bank Account for Customer Receipts (Bank Account for Paying Bills) to be that imported account.

For your other points:

• A Detailed account can be changed to a Header account by selecting that account so you have the Account Information window on screen and select Header Account.
  • If you have imported your accounts list you may have duplicated multiple accounts. These duplications can be created by selecting the account and going Edit>>Delete account. Note: That account cannot be linked or a have transaction recorded against it.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post