3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade to Version 2019.2 Account Right

Upgraded today to Version 2019.2 due to a payroll problem we had.  We lost half our payroll when entering due to a glitch you had in 2019.1.  Was advised by MYOB to upgrade to fix the problem. If we were advised to upgrade previously we could have done this on a separate day prior to preparing our pays! We continued with Payroll and problem seemed to be fixed.  However, when I started to do a Payroll Advice report, the employees names only come up in alphabetical order by their first names.  It always previously came up in surname order.  I have checked the A-Z tab and it is clearly marked as 'Last Name' Ascending.  This problem needs to be fixed as everything we do with our employees is in surname order.  Please advise.  I have already spent half an hour on the phone earlier to fix the other problem and I was waiting on the phone to fix this problem, but was advised that you were overloaded with phone calls.  

8 REPLIES 8
SueR1
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2019.2 is now available

Upgraded yesterday to Version 2019.2 due to a payroll problem we had.  We lost half our payroll entries due to a glitch you had in 2019.1.  Was advised by MYOB to upgrade to fix the problem.  We continued with Payroll and problem seemed to be fixed.  This payroll problem occurred after the problem you had two weeks ago with confirming your company file which gave us half a day loss of time & productivity.   

I now have a new probem.  I started to prepare a payroll advice report.  The employees names only come up in alphabetical order by their first names.  It always previously came up in surname order.  I have checked the A-Z sort tab and it is clearly marked as 'Last Name' ascending.  This problem needs to be fixed as everything we do with our employees is in Surname order. I have already spent half an hour yesterday waiting on the phone to talk to someone, then again today and I still haven't spoken to anyone, because no one in the technical department ever answered the call because you were overloaded with phone calls.  Our company have dealt with MYOB since 2006.  Our subcription is due for renewal and we are seriously considering other options. 

I would appreciate someone getting back to me to deal with this issue.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrade to Version 2019.2 Account Right

Hi @SueR1 

Just testing what you have described within my AccountRight 2019.2 I was able to replicate what you are describing i.e. the employees do appearing to be sorting in first name order. when running that Payroll Advice report. As this is a change from the AccountRight 2019.1 product, I have raised it with our team as a high priority for further investigation for a future update.

Within my testing, I was able to get those employees back in the previous order (i.e. AccountRight 2019.1's order) by removing the sort level of the last name field and just leaving the Payment Date listed. This may not work in company files and situations, just thought I would mention it as it has worked for me.

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
SueR1
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thanks Steven.  If they can update it so that we can produce the report in surname order, as per previous, that would be appreciated.  Until then, I am using my electronic pay files to do the reports I need.  Takes longer but at the moment I don't have any other option.

Regards, Sue

AndrewDTh
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I just did my first pay run since upgrading to 2019.2 and had the same problem with the payroll advice. All attempts to resort the list by surname failed. It is quite frustrating and I hope the problem can be resolved soon.

AndrewDTh

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AndrewDTh 

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear that you have been affected by this particular issue.

This is something that we are working on addressing for in the AccountRight 2019.3 update. Do note that this is not the next update, which is AccountRight 2019.2.1.

The next update, 2019.2.1, is our compliance update and intended to be a very small update to the program to add in the latest tax tables. As a result, while we would love to see a fix for this particular issue included in that update, major product updates and known issue fixes are not something that will be included in that compliance update - there will be a fix for Customise form usage in AccountRight 2019.2 At this stage, we don't have a release date for the next update, AccountRight 2019.3.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User tuan
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks Steven, however this isn't very helpful as the previous version was working just fine. not sure why we had to update to 2019.2 to stumble on this error. we process a large amount of employees and now we have to change the process due to errors with your updates. not to mentioned the frustration of waiting for over an hour to speak to support staff and still not being able to resolve the issue (of not being able to export to excel as well). 

definitely looking at other solutions moving forward

Contributing Cover User suemarree
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Totally frustrating and time consuming when are we going to see problems solved?

bpacc
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Its been over a month since this issue was flagged. We have to update everyone to this version for the new Tax Tables as well as to keep their access to the Online Files Active and when you have clients who are very set in their ways and expect the orders or reports to always be the same it is ver disconcerting for them when the order just suddenly changes for no reason after an Update. What is the ETA on 2019.3. It has also reordered the position of the Pay Lines within the Paycheques as well.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post