Australia
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

User Access

Hi 

is there any way to prevent Accountant/Bookkeeper access from accessing payroll?

Thanks

DC

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: User Access

Hi @DeeCee26 

Within a company file, there are a series of default roles created i.e. Salesperson, bookkeeper... You can see what is included in those roles and update the access for those roles via the Manage Roles option (top left of the User Access window).  So for yourself, you could go into that Manage Roles option and remove (untick) the Payroll feature for that required role.

Personally, I'm not a bit fan of updating the default roles. As such my recommendation is to right-click on the required role in the Manage Roles and select Duplicate Role. This will create a new role, based on that particular original role, that you can update and restrict/gain additional access without affecting the default role. You would then just need to go back to the Manage Users window and ensure that the relevant role is ticked for the associated user ID.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner DeeCee26
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: User Access

Thanks Mark, I worked out how to amend the roles for the default roles, but I agree, it would have been better to copy and then amend. Next time!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post