Partner Zone
Partner Zone

User access

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User KristyH
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
KristyH
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

User access

Hi

I have just set up a second data file under the same serial number for a client.

Is there a way of giving an employee access to only one of these company files and not both?

I have looked at the online file access and i can select the 2 company files is this where i change it or is this not possible??

Online file access

To work with a company file online, a person needs to be invited to use it. When they accept the invitation, they are set up with my.myob login details that will allow them to access the online file.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: User access

Hi @KristyH

When a user is invited to a company file you in the cloud with AccountRight 2018 they can be invited on two different levels of access:

• AccountRight Live Administrator - This user can will be able to see all company files on your serial number
  • AccountRight Live File user - This user would only be able to see the company file that they are invited to.

So, if you have two company files in the cloud but would only like one user to access one of those company files they would need to be invited to the file as an AccountRight Live File User. 

Help Article: Set a user's online access level does go into what other features that each user level will have access to and changing a current user's AccountRight Live access.

If the user has yet to be invited to the company file, do take a look at Help Article: Add a user

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post