Wages for 1 employee missing on W1 and W2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ShieldBooks
Partner
26 Posts
Partner
Australia

26Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Wages for 1 employee missing on W1 and W2

Hi

One of the employees wages do not pull through to the BAS and IAS for a client and these have all lodged

without this employee's information.

The ATO reporting category is set up correctly and in the BAS settings these are showing 'salary'

which is what she is on

Would anyone have an idea where else I can check in the system to see why her info is not pulling through into the forms.

Clover Melville
2 REPLIES 2
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Wages for 1 employee missing on W1 and W2

Hi @ShieldBooks 

Does the employee who's wages are missing have a different pay category from the other employees?

If so, you might like to check that that employee's category is setup correctly in your BAS/IAS setup.

If you lodge your BAS/IAS manually:

Go to the PAYG-W section of the BAS/IAS and click the [Setup] button next to the W1 figure.  Ensure that this employee's pay category is ticked.

If you lodge your BAS/IAS using the Online method

If you need to change your tax code setup, authorised person, or change how year-end adjustments recorded in AccountRight affect your BAS:

1. Open your AccountRight online company file.
  2. Click Prepare BAS/IAS in the Accounts command centre.
  3. In the Lodge Online tab, click Prepare Statement.
  4. Click the Settings option.

If you change the tax code setup, it will not affect any returns that are already in progress. You’ll need to open the statement that’s in progress, choose to Edit it, and then click Update from ledger, to use the new tax code setup details.

Update from ledger

Note that doing this will replace the values of all fields that are automatically calculated based on the tax code setup.

Hope this helps,

AlanT

ShieldBooks
Partner
26 Posts
Partner
Australia

26Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Wages for 1 employee missing on W1 and W2

Hi Alan

thanks for the very helpful screen shots and guides.  Very good and appreciated.

I had done this as for some reason, the user had duplicated the salary category 🤨- but it was not helping

until I saw a spot on the top right hand side of that BAS window which siad ' update ledger' I think I recall ?

and this brought the changes through the activity statement I was hoping to see to now be correct.

thanks again - myob are lucky to have people like you on the forum !

Clover Melville

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post