Partner Zone

What is a payee number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Joshuacrvycoll
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

What is a payee number

What is a payee number? and how do i get one? 

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,684 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,684Posts

6,148Kudos

6,680Solutions

Re: What is a payee number

Hi @Joshuacrvycoll

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

A payee number is a unique number that is required for invoices generated for M-Powered Invoices and relates to that particular business. 

In theory, if you don't use M-Powered invoices then you shouldn't be using the M-Powered invoices as a basis for your customise forms. If you do use an M-Powered form as the basis you will encounter a Payee message when attempting to use that form, this is even if you remove fields from it. There are two ways around this so that you don't get that message:

1) Customise another form using either the Tax Inclusive Plain Paper, Tax Inclusive Pre-Printed, Plain Paper or Pre-Printed forms as your basis of form. Please note you are unable to copy fields from one form to another. For more information into customising forms in AccountRight please see Help Article: Personalising forms

2) Enter in a dummy payee number. If you go to Setup>>Company Information, you can enter in a payee number. You can enter in "00000000", this will be accepted by the system. Please note by doing this it will get around that message, however, your customise form SHOULD NOT contain the [customer reference], [Enter biller code here] or  [barcode] fields. These are M-Powerd fields and don't belong on that form if you are not using the service.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post