Experienced Cover User FAB
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

Who's thought of leaving MYOB ?

Okay, I know this post maybe taken down by the mods because I know they read the posts but I am beyond frustrated with MYOB and have been for quite a while now

They gave everyone no option but to "upgrade" to AR Live, telling everyone it would be better blah blah blah

So we're all on AR now.  Have been so for the last 6 years or so, but as time goes on, our file has become bigger and it is becoming increasingly more difficult to backup our files on a daily basis

Our AR needs to be online at all times because it is linked to our magento backend and our stock updates on a constant basis to our websites, our sales synch to MYOB via OneSaas and so data is going to and from MYOB all day

Backups recently have been timing out, I have not been able to back up for the last 5 days now - today I ran the backup for over 3 hours and it still had not finished and I needed to force a shutdown so I could do my work.  So if anything happens now and I lose my data, I'll be screwed because the latest update I have is from 5 days ago

The "helpful" admins that reply to these posts always come up with the same suggestion :

* take the file offline to back it up (absolutely not an option for us)

* check your internet

* or just keep trying at random times during the day

What on earth do you think we have all been doing MYOB ?  This is all we have been doing - constantly trying to back up during the day

There is nothing wrong with our internet or anything else.  Taking this offline is absolutely not an option for us.  And to top it off, you guys took away the purge functionality so even if we wanted to remove data from our file, we can't, so thanks very much MYOB

You're happy to take your exorbitant fees from us every single month but the service you provide is shoddy to say the least.  We get the same condescending replies from you all the time - you thank us for our feedback, make the same useless suggestions you always make (that do not help by the way) and say you will pass the feedback on (to who, I do not know, because you never fix anything)

How about you actually FIX this issue ?  It is a MAJOR issue for so many of us and I am seriously looking elsewhere now - I know, you will probably be glad to be rid of me, but seriously why can MYOB not give us what we pay for ?  You guys are not cheap by any means, but we expect more from you.

You give us no other option, you force everyone to go to AR, then you say to us basically it is too bad, we're stuck with what we have got and we have to like it or lump it

I am so sick of you MYOB

29 REPLIES 29
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,345 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,345Posts

1,907Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Who's thought of leaving MYOB ?

Hi @FAB , in addition to the suggestions you have received, have you (or any user) been syncing your data file automatically? If so, an incremental backup takes place every 20 minutes or so behind the scenes. The sync copy, which is stored locally to that user, could be restored if needed (as I understand it). 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Experienced Cover User FAB
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, we autosynch but for some reason I need to do a manual synch every few days as the auto synch stops for some reason.  Another MYOB glitch that no-one can explain

At the end of the day, taking a backup should not be so problematic.  It should be something relatively easy to do and as another user posted in another post I started about the same subject, you should also be taking your own backups on a daily basis and not relying on MYOB to restore a backup file for you - we've all seen how reliable MYOB are 

Experienced Cover User KChoice
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Fab

I am beyond frustated too with MYOB hours on the phone and no result.  We are stuck on AR Enterprise 19.16 and have had to purchase a separate program to do STP.  I have used Quickbooks Reckon and don't like that program.  Am considering Xero but not sure if that caters for all that we require?  One things for sure not going to pay the $30K Advanced Business Solution that MYOB are offering!  

KChoice

Experienced Cover User TTASK
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Yeah I really like quickbooks online better (not a xero fan, may get shot for that!). 

The only reason I haven't changed is I've only been at the company 6 months and I'm pretty much too lazy to change. 

I Taught MYOB for years and in my opinion they have spent way too much time on legacy bugs and performance issues from when they went to the cloud based datafile model from V19 and that has left little time or resource for updated features. 

My other bug bear is the massive inconsistancies in the PC vs Mac Versions. I would have thought their development teams would work side by side on the same features but they don't. Like how Mac can track cars as assets in the bank account but pc you can't... many other things like that. The fact they have to pay 2 development teams (one for mac, one for pc) isn't sustainable as a SAAS (fully cloud based) mode would only require 1 x lot of developers. 

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ttask I have been lead to believe that by 2021 MYOB will have to completly upgrade there whole software I am guessing that will be another big MIGRAINE for MYOB users.  Will just concentrate on the STP for now and have a look at upgrading down the track!

TDFC
1 Post
User
Australia
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Get out now!  The price just goes up with the service going down. We cancelled the subscritpion and myob continued to charge our credit card.  Were were instantly locked out of our own accounts and I have no way of retreiving anything and had to start our accounts in a new package.  

I have now no access to any archival information. 

MYOB is nothing more than a hungry money pit that offers nothing in return.  You are better off using a spreadsheet.

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,808 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,808Posts

193Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @TDFC 

I tried to look up your account based on the user email set up for the community forum but cannot find the account.  I need to confirm the account information, so have sent you a private message so I can look into this for you. 

You can access your file as read-only by restoring the last backup you took prior to cancelling.  

Apologies for the frustrations. I'll await your private message reply and assist. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks TDFC going back to a spreadsheet is not an option for us.

Partner PowerMyobBI
58 Posts
Partner

58Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KChoice  what parts of MYOB is keeping you from upgrading? 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post