card files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
UPCNZ
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

card files

what card file do i create for a donee as they are not a customer, we are a charitable trust and most all income is from pledges and donations

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: card files

Hi @UPCNZ 

What is the purpose of adding the card to the company file? 

If you are adding them to record an invoice to them you would be looking at adding them as a Customer. If for a purchase then a Supplier card. Should it be a payroll transaction (or a salesperson on an invoice) an Employee. If you are just entering the card to record their details i.e. no transactions recorded to the card, set them up as a Personal.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

UPCNZ
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

HI,

They are niether customers as we dont invoice them or suppliers as we dont purchase from them,

they are donees to our charitable trust, we recieve money from them so I need to create a card for thier transaction of funds deposited.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @UPCNZ 

Typically, Receive Money transactions will be recorded against a Customer type card. However, all card types will appear in the Payor selection list for recording a Receive Money transaction. As such, you could look at recording that transaction to a Personal card type, if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post