data auditor

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User mmyyoobb
44 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

44Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

data auditor

hi all,

i was running company data auditor, but my invoice with linked receivables account had exceptions, i'm wondering which balance this auditor comparing to, one is "accounts receivable " from balance sheet, where to find the other figure that this auditor comparing to? dont quite understand this procedure~

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
44 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

44Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: data auditor

i think i'v got the idea: amount of "accounts receivable" on balance sheet should = total of outstanding of each customers., that's called accounts receivable reconciliation~ Smiley Happy))

44 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

44Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

can we discuss the reasons that caused unbalance ? from your experience~~~

thanks

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,862 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,862Posts

1,402Kudos

1,679Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @mmyyoobb

Generally speaking if you have a difference on the Receivables Reconciliation report or on the Company Data Auditor it can be caused by one or more of the following reasons

• One or more transactions have been put against the accounts receivable control account incorrectly
  •  The accounts receivable control account has been changed at some point
  •  The Receive Money option is used to receive a customer payment instead of Receive Payments
  •  A payment has been dated before the invoice creating a false discrepancy

To pin down what has happened, I would start by changing the date of the report backwards until you find a point where the accounts receivable control account matches the amount of issued invoices. Once you know where the two figures balance then immediately after that period you should see the out of balance and be able to look on that date for transactions that may have impacted the control account

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post