Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

my.MYOB Login - NZ vs Australia

My company runs MYOB AccountRight Plus NZ. The serial number of the company starts with "64..." - so I'm thinking that prefix indicates an NZ company file.

I have been tasked with accessing our company's MYOB data via the API. So I have created a developer account using my email address, created my Application and have successfully connected to the Sandbox via the API.

Now I've come to try and connect to my actual company file - which the administrator has given me access to using my email address - but the actual company file is not returned by my API calls.

I am able to access our company file in the cloud by running the AccountRight client and supplying my email and password. This is all fine.

I think the issue might be that my login to my.myob is associated to the Australian MYOB site, not the NZ site. When I log in to my.myob.co.nz, my credentials do seem to get accepted, but I am presented with a message stating "Unable to proceed to my.MYOB" and "Your account is not for MYOB NZ Limited".

When I log in to my.myob.com.au, the experience is much better. I get access to My Products (currently lists MYOB Developer Program - Open Access and MYOB Essentials Accouting with payroll Demo) and Developer (which shows my Application details).

But not much use if I can't access my actual company file here....

Does this sound correct? And is a way to resolve this to get my login account 're-assigned' across to MYOB NZ? And how would I do that? Delete my account then re-create under NZ might another option?

Many thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,055 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,055Posts

5,029Kudos

5,418Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: my.MYOB Login - NZ vs Australia

Hi @CaffeineFixx007 

By default, all developer accounts are registered with an Australian my.MYOB account regardless of location. This does mean that you would need to log into the Australian my.MYOB account link to log to gain access to the Developer tab in my.MYOB.  In saying that, even though you are based in New Zealand you should be able to connect to an Australian or New Zealand file via the API.

If you are having trouble with that connection we do recommend reaching out to our API Support Team via email at developers@myob.com who would be able to assist further with your AccountRight/MYOB Essentials API enquires.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: my.MYOB Login - NZ vs Australia

Hi Steven

Thank you for your response. It's conformting to know that I've not got completely the wrong end of the stick.

As you suggest, I shall make contact via developer@ to see if I can progress further.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post