User
Australia
KPrawn

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

myob v18 My company files have disappeared

I used software last week but now i cant access files. Cant find MYOB folder either containing all my backed up files. software did ask me to confirm last week but i failed to if that could have caused issue

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,505 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2505Posts

1932Kudos

365Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: myob v18 My company files have disappeared

Hi @KPrawn

Definitely not caused or related to failure to confirm. FYI MYOB have disabled online confirmation until you call them (and they try to convince you to upgrade) or post for a Moderator to re-enable it. You can choose to continue to use your existing version indefinitely.

In terms of the files, either someone deleted them or you are looking in the wrong place. Do a harddrive search  for the file name or all .myo files.

Regards

Gavin

KPrawn
2 Posts
User
Australia
KPrawn

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Gavin I found my company files after following your advice, not deleted just moved elsewhere. I rang to confirm and yes they tried upsell me saying Windows10 would cause me issues.

Major problem i still have though is history, banking, sales, purchases from 2017/8/9 on are not there. I have usb copies of all financial years for taxation, but they've gone from actual MYOB.

Any idea there or do i need re enter all my banking, sales and purchases again manually from hard records and printed reconcilliations.

Not fussed pre 2018 as the ATO can access the USBs im just referring this current financial year

TIA

Nigel

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,505 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2505Posts

1932Kudos

365Solutions

Hi @KPrawn

If not all transactions are in the files you located, this means they were entered into another copy of the file possibly the one that was deleted.

As this is an older copy, yes, you would need to re-enter any missing transactions. Unless of course you find the latest copy of the file somewhere.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post