Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: opening balances showing negative in p&l

I started using MYOB Essentials back in April 2020. Initially the opening balances I entered did not load at all into the Profit & Loss Reports.

Only in the last month or so I have noticed that the opening balnces are now loading into the Profit & Loss Report but they are loading as a negative figure.

Very keen for a resolution to this issue as I have spent a lot of time setting this company file up on my own and do not have a clue how to set up opening balances via a journal entry (not without a lot of research anyway).

Looking forward to a resolution.

Thank you.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,594Kudos

1,905Solutions

Hi @Margie121 

This is something that is currently with the team to find a resolution to. Unfortunately I’m unable to provide a timeframe for when a resolution will be found by our team, who are working hard to find a resolution as soon as possible.

If you were wanting to use a journal entry to record the opening balances, I recommend seeking the advice of your accounting advisor. They should be able to assist you with how the opening balance journal should look

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Partner
1 Post
Partner
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

REALLY? How is this going? It has been a few months. Are you really sure MYOB are working on a resolution? 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
38,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,281Posts

5,210Kudos

5,620Solutions

Hi @TAXBoost 

As has been indicated, this has been something that we have identified occurring with MYOB Essentials business. At this time we don't have a timeframe for resolution, however, it is something that has been passed onto the required team to complete that further investigation for a future update. In the meantime to prevent this from occurring entering those balances via a Journal Entry would be the recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post