Australia
Sam66H
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

the file you have chosen is not an accountright plus company file

Hi,

I recently had to replace my computer hard drive due to a hardware failure. 

I reinstalled Account Right Plus v19.5 from CD and then used the update facility to update to v19.14.

When trying to open my backup zip file, I get the Save As dialog box and save the file to *.myo

However when I try and open the saved file I get the following error "The file you have chosen is not an accountright plus company file"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,068 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2068Posts

1630Kudos

314Solutions

Re: the file you have chosen is not an accountright plus company file

Hi @Sam66H

Depends what you mean by 'when I try to open my backup'.

What you should be doing is opening a file, any file, sample clearwater will do. Once you have the File menu visible, select File then Restore. Navigate to and select the .zip file. This is where you should see the Save As dialog. If this is what you have been doing and the extracted .myo file is giving you that message, this indicates the zip file may be faulty.

Or, given you are posting on the AccountEdge forum, the file might be an AccountEdge Pro 11 or higher - these cannot be opened in AccountRight. You must restore and use in AccountEdge, or get the Accountedge file converted.

Regards

Gavin

Sam66H
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Sam66H
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your response.

I am opening it the way you suggested. I am using AccountRight Plus, so not sure why my post ended up in AccountEdge?

Do you know how I can move the post?

Kind regards

Sam

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
7,967 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

7967Posts

860Kudos

1109Solutions

HI @Sam66H

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Generally speaking that error message means the file that your trying to open isn’t being recognised as an AccountRight Plus file. This can sometimes happen if the file is corrupted or damaged, or alternatively in some instances if the file was previously in a higher version, such as AccountRight Premier and some of the higher version features were used.

One thing to try would be to manually unzip the backup and then try opening the unzipped file. This will help rule out any issues with the unzipping process itself. You can also try running the unzipped file through the AccountRight Optimization Assistant. This will run the recovery tool over your file and can recover the file from some damage and corruption that can occur in the file.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post