8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

upload backup to cloud with different file ID

I've seen a similar qestion where someone wanted to create an online test file using a copy of their existing file   (see here)

I don't have the option to change the serial number.  how do i unlock this or change the file ID for the offline file that I have?

I spoke to MYOB on the phone and was told to use the export function to export the card files, gl accounts, sales invoice (each type) Purchases, etc.   This is not only time consuming, but also still won't create an exact replica.

We are putting in a new system that uses MYOB's API and need to create 3 online files (we have 30) for testing to be done.  I've already purchased the licences.

hoping someone can help

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,405 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,405Posts

2,207Kudos

0Solutions

Re: upload backup to cloud with different file ID

@azzajk 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

I assume you are using Account Right Classic V19 at present and want to go to the online because of the STP requirement.

If you take a backup of the file you want to put online then restore that backup to the desktop, remaning it as Test file a or something. You can then put the restored file online.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,734 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,734Posts

2,097Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @azzajk 

MYOB's solution is really no solution. My guess is you spoke to a call centre with the rep reading from a script, couldn't find one for you issue so have you the generic - ' start a new file, exporting and importing is easy'. Anyone who tells you creating a new file is a simple thing has never done it before, at least not with a real file.

If you don't get any joy from a 2nd call to MYOB, send me a private message. I have a contact that can wipe the existing serial number, file Id and fingerprint from an existing file, whether it be .myo or .myox. 

If you have a .myox file, another option might be to sign up for a AR2019 trial, the system will give you a new serial number. Use the Help > Change Serial Number function to replace the existing serial number with the trial. This will make the file a 'new' file including file ID. If it is just for testing you can leave that serial number in and try. Or repeat Help > Change Serial Number and because you are now actually changing the serial number (from trial to real) the system should allow and allocate a new file ID, assuming you have vacant file ID's under that serial number.

Regards

Gavin

Contributing User azzajk
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin!

You know exactly what i'm after.  Only problem though is that when going to help - change serial, this option is greyed out Smiley Sad  Any ideas of why this could be?  I'm logged in with the admin account..

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,734 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,734Posts

2,097Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @azzajk 

Usually caused by issues inside the MYOB file, nothing you can do will change that. File will need to be sent to MYOB to remove serial or to a 3rd party.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post