Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Owner to authorise via my.MYOB account

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
New
New

It would be great if the "creator" for pay super can create the payments in the actual MYOB file on behalf of the business owner and from there the business owner to be able to simply log into their my.myob account to authorise the superannuation payment.  

Referring to the post below some business owners don't log into the actual MYOB file as they outsource their bookkeeping or employ internal staff.  Also some business owners might be traveling overseas this way they could just log into the my.myob account on their phone or ipad and authorise on the go.  

Staffing-and-payroll/Superstream/m-p/387569

"Ability for business owners to authorise Pay Super via the my.myob account"

4 Comments
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I wholeheartedly agree with Renae

I had the self same problem the other day.

I was advised by the Tax Accountant of the clients I work for the the MYOB pay Superannuation gizmo was set up. However when I came to sign up to make a payment this was not so. I was supposed to go through nominate account  who the  holders were and also their mobile phone numbers.

My principals are hard to get hold of at the best of times and consider mobiles an invasion of privacy etc.

So I was not able to action the superannuation payments for the staff through MYOB but found  a work around by using a clearing house through the Superannuation Fund Aust Super using  "Quicksuper". No dramas,  and  no phone calls to the  to the business owners.

At 72 years old and after bookkeeping for over 50 years I do not need the stress your system has created. Bookkeeping is simple, just Debits and Credits, Money in Money Out.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Ultimate Partner Geoff_

Don't get me wrong..... I love the Pay Superannuation  function in MYOB and it works perfectly for me as I have trained 99%  my client base on how to do sign into MYOB and authorise.  However sometimes the clients are travelling and hard to reach so the ability to do this as well under the my.myob would enhance the product. I also understand the mobile verification code is part of the security process and would imagine this would still have to be included in the my.myob authorisation.  

I would much rather use MYOB Pay Superannuation than another clearing house. 

PS:  Geoff don't forget to vote

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Sorry I suppose I am just a grumpy old man and getting grumpier all the time. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the reminder to vote, which I have now done.

chocks_away
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Why isn't the pay super authorisation status and approval process online through the usual MYOB sign in area to manage ARlive?

Currently it seems that I have to phone MYOB to confirm the status of creators / authorisers for pay super.  Presumably I have to fill in a form to make subsequent changes? (Noting that the initial setup for pay super was a fully online application process.)

"pay super authorisations"