Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
RJ7788
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Definitely would love to see the ability to add documents to a payment received  or receive money function. It would be so helpful especially for receipient created tax invoices. Randi

Jason_RA
1 Post
User

I have been sending emails of invoices and get the choice to add a file.  Obvioulsy if a file was already attached you should be able to select that file to send.

ATM I can not see any audit trail in the send email that I actually did send an attachement.

Fenia
2 Posts
User

It will be useful if we can link the Invoices we are getting to In Tray with exisitng Purchase Orders.

Auscoast100
5 Posts
Cover User

I think this is a fantastic idea. In the construction industry I need to used spreadsheets for progress claims so cant send invoices straight from MYOB.

RJ7788
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Absolutely agree that a tray connected to sales would be fantastic. One of my clients sells lamb livestock and the purchaser of the lambs creates the invoice and sends it across when the livestock have been sold at market. (RCTI)

We are currently unable to add this to the sale transaction.   

There are definitely other areas where this would be extremely helpful. Please give serious consideration to this feature. 

M3
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree - this has been missing and would be most useful, and has been queried at audit.

chrissya
9 Posts
Cover User

Yes please - attachments to sales/receive money also - good for interest/dividend statements and buyer created invoices, and for manually created orders given by clients - having the original order from the client attached to the sale would be a great help.

Sonic1
3 Posts
User

We two would be happy to see the availability of attachments to sales invoices.  We have 5 - 10 pages of work orders that need to be authorised and then the invoice will be paid.  This is not possible without having to manually scan them into a pdf and then separately send them in a different email.  Not efficient at all.

Marita1
3 Posts
User

I think it would be a great feature to add a section in sales where you can add your customers purchase orders to the corresponding Invoice. 

The section in Purchase is so handy.

taslewis
7 Posts
User

Yes I think you should be able to attach documents to any entry including receipts and payments.

This would be handy for storing purchase statements.