Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Allow matching of bank feeds of transfer moneys between bank accounts

jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2414Posts

999Kudos

302Solutions

2,414 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Apparently a known issue - and a real pain.

When you have two accounts receiving bank feeds, you can only process one of the transactions, and then hide the other transaction - as it will not match up.

eg: I have a client who pays their 3 credit cards via AP from the cheque account on the 20th. It is fine to code the transaction in the cheque account (they are doing a spend money coded to the 3 credit card accounts), but you have to hide the bank feed transaction appearing in the credit card accounts, as it will not match to the transaction appearing in the credit card account. The only alternative offered was through a clearing account - this was more work than it was worth.

Please can we have this fixed.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Hi @jenniek and @BRIGITTE 

Thank you for the post and comments. I understand it would be great to be able to match Bank Feeds on all of the accounts to the transaction that is affecting these accounts. As our Support staff have confirmed, this is definitely something that our developers are looking into. We hope for this to change in a future update. Using a Clearing account or Hiding the transactions in the Credit Card accounts would be the workaround in the meantime. 

We request everyone wanting to change this to please vote and comment on the idea. 

4 Comments
Experienced Cover User BRIGITTE
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Sorry, dont have solution but I have same problem so interested if you figured it out yet?

Community Manager Suja_P
5,833 Posts
Community Manager

Hi @jenniek and @BRIGITTE 

Thank you for the post and comments. I understand it would be great to be able to match Bank Feeds on all of the accounts to the transaction that is affecting these accounts. As our Support staff have confirmed, this is definitely something that our developers are looking into. We hope for this to change in a future update. Using a Clearing account or Hiding the transactions in the Credit Card accounts would be the workaround in the meantime. 

We request everyone wanting to change this to please vote and comment on the idea. 

Experienced Partner shelld79
23 Posts
Experienced Partner

I would love this function too. Having a client with 14 different bank accounts and credit cards I have a nightmare job trying to match the huge amount of transfers between each accounts in the bank feeds.

Community Manager Suja_P
5,833 Posts
Community Manager

Thank you for your vote and comments, @shelld79. We hope to see changes in the way bank feeds of transfer between accounts are handled in AccountRight. Others wanting to see this change please continue to add your votes by clicking on the + Vote button at the top left hand side of the Idea.