Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Recurring Transactions: Take latest Item pricing, not originally setup price

Cover User

3Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

When using recurring sales, the item price remains as saved and does not change when the actual price may fluctuate up or down. This is potentially costly in either lost sales or lost profit. We use this to save common jobs that have many items but our prices vary regularly which are updated under items list but do not change anything that is in recurring sales.

my suggestion is there should be a preference to be able to allow this or not,( although I could not see why you would not.)

this has been a most frustrating issue 

thankyou

"Recurring Sales item price"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2015

Hi @Colin1

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and recurring invoices with item prices. I would encourage other users that would like to see when the item's price to change to update the recurring invoices to vote and comment if required for this idea.

15 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Colin1

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and recurring invoices with item prices. I would encourage other users that would like to see when the item's price to change to update the recurring invoices to vote and comment if required for this idea.

chris48
1 Post
User

Yes, I would highly support the idea of being able to refresh/confirm item pricing on recurring invoices.  The only way I have found to do it is to force a re-look at the item file by making a change to the item identifier, then returning to the original item identifier.  Can also delete the line and re-enter - all of which is very time consuming stuff.  We should be able to see a "reconfirm item price" button which then gets MYOB to re-read the inventory file for the item price.

Bimmy
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

Renders Accountright 2018.3 completely unusable for dropping this feature, thanks for the lost 100 hours or so and refund, just great.

Could not be more disappointed, especially seeing so many complaints about this online and clearly MYOB doesn't care.

Bimmy
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

In Account Right Live the recurring sales window does not update the item price like it does in Premier v19

This is invaluable when processing large numbers of recurring sale transactions with large number of items

on each sale. Once you have learned to rely on this feature and utilize it hundreds of times a day you cannot

go back and there is no way to manually update hundreds of prices every single day.

I have already updated to Accountright live and after discovering this feature has been left out, I had to rollback

to v19. I will now have to move away from MYOB because the STP deadline is looming and I am unable to move forward with MYOB. This was a great feature and has rendered MYOB useless to my business by excluding it

in the update.  I would love to see it back in the update and would purchase in a second if it was.

Thanks

HughA
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I have a client wanting to use recurring invoice transactions in AR2018.4 to speed up his invoicing process for say 100 clients. However I find that when the price of an item is changed, rather than only needing to update the price on the Item Card, it seems all recurring invoice entries that include that item must be changed as well.

The updated price on the Item Card does not flow through to subsequent invoices (processed after the price update on the Item Card) that are based on the recurring entry.

I find it difficult to imagine a situation where a user would not want an updated price to flow through from the Item Card. Changing 100 recurring transactions when the price of one product increases is tedious.

Bimmy
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

PLEASE YES, HURRY UP.

This was already a well used feature in previous versions. Can't imagine why MYOB would remove it.

When could keeping the old price of anything benefit anyone anywhere ever?

What do you do if there is 200 items on a recurring sale?  and you use 20 or 30 of them a day?

(here is an actual count of mouse clicks required since MYOB removed this feature-9 individual cliks to update 1 item price,

multiplied by 200 items and multliplied by using 20 recurring sales would total 36,000 clicks per day and 30 uses would total 54,000 clicks per day!!)

JUST MANUALLY UPDATE EACH ONE THEY SAY.......

If there was 1 or 2 items you wouldn't even need it to be recurring !!!!

PLEASE PUT THAT FEATURE BACK, YOU'RE KILLING ME.

So......I have to stay on the OLD UNSUPPORTED MYOB until you do and now have to deal with Windows 7 not longer being supported!!!

Awesome Smiley Sad

Bimmy
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

PLEASE YES, HURRY UP.

This was already a well used feature in previous versions. Can't imagine why MYOB would remove it.

When could keeping the old price of anything benefit anyone anywhere ever?

What do you do if there is 200 items on a recurring sale?  and you use 20 or 30 of them a day?

(here is an actual count of mouse clicks required since MYOB removed this feature-9 individual cliks to update 1 item price,

multiplied by 200 items and multliplied by using 20 recurring sales would total 36,000 clicks per day and 30 uses would total 54,000 clicks per day!!)

JUST MANUALLY UPDATE EACH ONE THEY SAY.......

If there was 1 or 2 items you wouldn't even need it to be recurring !!!!

PLEASE PUT THAT FEATURE BACK, YOU'RE KILLING ME.

So......I have to stay on the OLD UNSUPPORTED MYOB until you do and now have to deal with Windows 7 not longer being supported!!!

Awesome Smiley Sad

Bimmy
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

Could not agree more!!

Auto update price has ALWAYS been a feature of recurring sales.

Why on earth remove it. PLEASE PUT IT BACK I have totally come to rely on it.

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Moving into the new financial year we have updated pricing on vairous items in the Inventory items list. Unfortunately all our recurring transactions remain at the old pricing, therefore we still have to manually update each recurring transaction - good opportunity to overlook and create a mistake. What is the use of updating the price if it doesn't update all the entries?

AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Oh my goodness yes! We overtype the code to the line aboves code which updates it but you can't overtype the code with the same code otherwise it doesn't update. Totally painful and we also have issues with customer level pricing not pulling through onto recurring sales so we have to have the same sale for each pricing level which then all need to be updated with price changes