Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Backup: Schedule automatic backup of file

Partner

5Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi,

I would like the ability to schedule automatic backups of the MYOB files. The backup would be the same as what currently gets backed up manually when starting the backup from the menu - just need to be able to schedule this same process to run from the operating system.

"MYOB Automatic Backup"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for the suggestion, we would be happy to look into how we can add this into AccountRight. Any users who would like to see this added in please do vote and comment to show your support for the idea.

22 Comments
Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree with all the above comments whole heartedly.  My issue is that we have 11 people using our MYOB live account, and I can't backup if even one of them is using the datafile.  The fact that the backup cannot be auto programmed just results in us doing fewer backups which is risky at the least.

A response or comment from MYOB would be appreciated too!

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

How can such a basic and fundamental feature (suggested over 4 years ago) STILL not be implemented....

This in combination with all the myriads of basic fundamental feature requests and bug reports in the forums (that have often been brought up many years ago) makes my blood boil.

Another nail in the coffin for MYOB. We've got plans to migrate off MYOB later this year and I can't wait.

Yes. I'm feeling particularly bitter towards MYOB today.

WPSupplies
Trusted Cover User
21 Posts
Trusted Cover User

This is a very important necessity.

My main issue with cloud based colutions, like AccountRight 2018, is that we are still in an age where our internet connectivity is not 100% reliant and our copper infrastructure is prone to delays and deterioration.

As we have only just migrated to an online solution from our previous local server setup, I am increasingly nervous at not having an offline option for redundancy.

Please make this change a top priority!

Ben--J
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

5 years later, I would have hoped for more than nothing.

It would be great to see this as a switch.

huxley-application.exe /backup /login-details=c:/mysecretsecuredfile.txt /destination=c:/myfolder/myfilename.zip

Quynh
Experienced Partner
21 Posts
Experienced Partner

It can be easily done by ginving out a secure FTP access to the online file where the company files can be downloaded without login/ 2FA as at this instant 2FA is compulsory.

JulianP
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Judging by the number of views on this topic, many of us would like an automated backup solution. I have discovered over the years that the only reliable backups are the ones I can "set and forget", with automatic deletion of files older than a certain date, whilst keeping a permanent one every few months.

I will set up an automatic backup of the AccountRight offline file (Found in C:\Users\{name}\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Offline\.sync) using backup software. Ideally it should be a feature incorporated into AccountRight.

Ben--J
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

This still isn't an adequate backup solution. It relies on a user logging in reguarly (every 12 hours the 2 Factor Auth (2fa) times out the session) to do the automatic sync.

IE. i can't set this up on a computer to auto sync forever and then backup the folder.

I think the most likely "Real" solution is via an API call where the user has provided auth for the app to do this backup.

I would happily code this solution and provide this as a service.

MYOB please provide an adequate solution.

JulianP
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree Ben,

I have an office and my staff is always logged into AccountRight during the day. The sync file can be backed up on our NAS server, on the LAN.

This solution would not suit many others, and I totally agree that the way to go is via API.

If MYOB wanted to get a really competitive advantage, they'd develop an app for Synology NAS servers. This would allow remote backup. I already use an app on my Synolgy NAS to backup my 365 Office' online mail and calendar. 

sarsj
Experienced Cover User
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes an scheduled automatic back up would be very helpful considering you cannot keep working while in the process of backing up.

and our auditors would be much happier Smiley Happy

BP0210
1 Post
User

Can anyone suggest a way to automate backing up of "Account Right"