Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Backup: Set default backup location

Ultimate Partner

545Posts

116Kudos

102Solutions

545 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

With 2011 and 2012 data files having to be in one library location, browsing to where you want backup files can now be an onerous task.

Please would you include a default path, selectable in the preferences if each company file, to store backup files

"Backup Locations"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your great suggestion Murray. Its good to see that this idea already has some community support for it, keep the votes and comments coming for those who would like to see this added.

4 Comments
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

totally agree - we keep backups in separate client folders in 1 backup location - per version.

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

I agree with the other users above as it would make the backup easier not to have save the backup in the wrong directory.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your great suggestion Murray. Its good to see that this idea already has some community support for it, keep the votes and comments coming for those who would like to see this added.
Ausworld
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

I like the way MYOB backs up to a specific location but i also think once you have set to back on exit it should do it automatically to the location you specified without asking every single time you exit if you want to back up..

"Set location once for automatic back up"