Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Ability to match one bank transaction to multiple myob transactions

Experienced Partner

125Posts

281Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

I'm sure this would have been suggested before And I can't find it.

Two+eftpos payments received in one day.

Unable to match two to one?

Am I missing something?

If so please enlighten me.

Thanks

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight browser interface allows users to select multiple transactions to match the one bank feed transaction to multiple recorded transactions.

In the AccountRight desktop application, you would want to complete this process through the Prepare bank deposit window and then use the Match functionality in Bank feeds.

82 Comments
Vanessa_Wu
3 Posts
Cover User

This is a good idea/suggestion and there are many similar suggestions on the idea's board if you search "Split".

MYOB please add this feature, how many more suggestions will it take?? Xero has this function.

Thanks. Cat Very Happy

Vanessa_Wu
3 Posts
Cover User

I support this idea!   Hope MYOB team can implement this soon! Cat Happy

melslade
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Bank feed would be a great feature if you implement this idea. Please make it happen!! The sooner the better

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Vanessa_Wu

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting on an idea in the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can vote. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name. 

Bolverk
3 Posts
Cover User

Our salary payments are completed by an external bookkeeper and come out of the bank account as one grouped transaction. It would be very helpful to be able to assign the five payments to the one bank feed line.

MobileScreening
1 Post
Cover User

Hi!

I put through payments with BNZ as a batch payment (comes through on statement as one transaction)

Problem is that there is no way to split this payment between numerous suppliers.

There is a split function, but this only works when recieving payments.

Thanks!

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello, 

Are you using the Prepare Electronic Payment function?

If not this should resolve the problem.

Have a look at this MYOB Support Note for details.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Electronic+payments

Cheers

David

AaronWhite
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User

I have had the exact same problem. Once you go to put thru a batch payment a week or so later MYOB will not let you enter a previous date. I had to manually check this when I reconciled the bank statement, and then Hide Transaction from bank feed.

What I would like to see changed is the ability to put thru a batch payment with the actual date that it was processed, not the current date.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone 

Thank you for your ideas in regards to AccountRight and bank feeds.

I've merged some ideas that have been on the AccountRight Idea Exchange with this original idea on the topic.

AFG
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

How on earth is this still just 'under consideration' almost 3 years after this glaring omission on behalf of the developers was identified??

Let's ignore the fact that your direct competitor has had this functionality for almost as long as this request has been outstanding, and let's focus on the fact that our Account Manager keeps beating down our door to ask why we aren't moving more of our Clients over to using Live Services - THIS IS EXACTLY WHY!!

This is one of the most basic of functions that has been identified as being required by those game enough to test the waters of Bank Feeds and have found it sadly lacking. We ourselves have need for this on a daily basis - whether it be Clients who pay multiple invoices in the one payment, or bulk payment services such as EFTPOS or BPAY Settlements which group all of the day's transactions together on one line.

We have a perfect workflow for getting these added automatically & without user input into our Time & Billing Application (another MYOB Product as it happens), and then this process completely falls over when it comes time to match these with the single line Bank Statement Entry that we have absolutely no flexibility on.

What astounds me is that you are already 95% of the way there - the screen pops up with the last of possible matches when you go to 'Find Transaction' - all that we need is the ability to select more than one... I don't really care if that is through checkboxes, Ctrl/Shift Click or what - it just needs to make it happen. Having 'the most reliable and accurate bank feeds in the world' doesn't count for quids if the User Experience when trying to match those Bank Feeds causes more frustration than the time it saves.

Fingers crossed we won't have to wait until the 3 Year Anniversary of this request for some actual functionality rather than just status updates... :/