Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Ability to match one bank transaction to multiple myob transactions

Experienced Partner

125Posts

281Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

I'm sure this would have been suggested before And I can't find it.

Two+eftpos payments received in one day.

Unable to match two to one?

Am I missing something?

If so please enlighten me.

Thanks

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight browser interface allows users to select multiple transactions to match the one bank feed transaction to multiple recorded transactions.

In the AccountRight desktop application, you would want to complete this process through the Prepare bank deposit window and then use the Match functionality in Bank feeds.

82 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @AFG

the solution to your issue is already available in MYOB, by using the Prepare Bank Deposits and the Prepare Electronic Payments functions. See these MYOB Support Notes.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Preparing+a+bank+deposit

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Electronic+payments

The Prepare Bank Deposit function can be used also for Credit Card Payments and the Electronic Payments for Multiple BPayments bu putting a dummy BSB and A/C # on the Supplier card. You do not have to send the ABA file to the Bank just prepare the bank file as you would for an ABA transaction. In this way you will see a single MYOB transaction that can then be matched to the Bank Feed.

Cheers

David

AFG
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Appreciate the reply @David_Cree, however I am already more than aware of that workaround - unfortunately though it is a workaround, not a 'solution'. If you have to navigate away from the Bank Feeds page to perform additional steps in order to match a Bank Statement line right there in front of you, then the Bank Feed component is not truly the efficient time saver it is touted to be.

As I stated earlier that may not have been clear - everything else we do with AccountRight is performed automatically without User intervention (and therefore eliminating the risk of User Error...) through the AccountRight API - with the ultimate end goal of someone at a fairly low pay grade logging in & matching all automatically generated transactions on both sides via the Bank Feeds screen, so as to ensure everything is working as it should in the automated transfer from our MYOB Practice Solution.

If you or another User has found some way to generate these Bank Deposits automatically via the API then I would definitely be all ears - as neither our Team of Developers nor the MYOB Developer Community has been able to come up with a true 'solution' for this missing feature of matching multiple entries directly within the Bank Feeds screen other than perform the workaround of manually preparing a Bank Deposit in the front-end of a system that otherwise could be completely automated.

lorrainea
Experienced Partner
67 Posts
Experienced Partner

Is it possible to match multiple items to a bank feed transaction.

This is avaialbe in the Essentials when using match - all transactions search, but in AR Live it has to be an exact match.

Thanks

DazedNConfused
Experienced Cover User
49 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If you send the received money to group with undeposited funds, then perform a 'prepare bank deposit' you should be able to match multiple items. Did that make sense?

MichelleAW
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This has been 'under consideration' since 2013???  It's a small, logical change that would make a big difference in  banks recs.  Please, please put it into the 'being developed' list.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

September 2013 any updates on when this will be implemented in the product, pages of comments and hundreds of user posts on this subject just answered one tonight.  96 votes do they count?

Can this be fixed before any New features are released in the product along with all the other bank feeds ideas on this page. 

Tas62
1 Post
Cover User

Similar problem. One payment received for two invoice generated to two different customer cards. 

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Geoff_Colwill

You need to use undeposited funds and prepare bank deposit.

YoucancallmeAl
5 Posts
User

Yes, also, large creditor payment split due to banking restrictions.  ie. 32k paid, in two payments of 25k and 7k.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Geoff_Colwill

Hi Geoff,

You need to use undeposited funds