Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Ability to select Use Recurring

Partner

3Posts

104Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Partner
Australia

I think the Bank Feed feature is great but it has a big problem. When you go Find & Spend Money you can not select a RECURRING TRANSACTION. Therefore, you have to go out of Bank Feeds & Into Banking & Spend Money & process the transaction as we used to do it.

That means you still need to PRINT off your bank statements for data entry. I thought the idea of Bank Feeds is that you could do away with paper bank statements & process Recurring Transactions on the Bank Feed screen.

We are really not saving that much time with the Bank Feeds screen it would greatly improve productivity & stress if we could select Recurring Transactions in the Spend Money feature in Bank Feeds?

Furthermore it would mean no more paper bank statements?

Your feedback & votes would be appreciated as I am sure this affects all MYOB Users.

"Bank Feeds & Recurring Transactions"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

We can see this is a very popular idea and would be interested to see who else would find this idea useful. Please bear in mind that rules in bank feeds do already provide similar (though not exactly the same functionality). You can setup rules by clicking manage rules in the bank feeds screen. This allows the automatic creation of spend or receive money transactions based on pre-set criteria. However, based on comments on the thread linked below we understand that this won't suit all users as using rules doesn't give you an opportunity to adjust allocations. http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Bank-Feeds-Recurring-Transactions-Not-Active/idi-p/213479 We would very much like to hear your thoughts on the existing rules feature in relation to this suggestion.

58 Comments
Paul_C
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback and support.

The rules set up in bank feeds is indeed a great feature. But if the multiple allocation of a cash receipt of daily takinngs in this case changes each week then the rule needs to be amended each time. My thinking is that it is easier to have a recurring transaction to amend.

Barkel
Experienced Cover User
68 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Recurring transactions is a MUST for the bank feeds.

Whilst rules cover 90% of all transactions it does not take into account (for one example) Lease payments that would have different interest amounts each month based on ammortisation schedules in place.

I have several (over 20)  of these transactions to post each month and have to constantly go in and out of bank feeds to adjust the "division" of the transaction because the "recurring" is not available to adjust the transaction.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
We can see this is a very popular idea and would be interested to see who else would find this idea useful. Please bear in mind that rules in bank feeds do already provide similar (though not exactly the same functionality). You can setup rules by clicking manage rules in the bank feeds screen. This allows the automatic creation of spend or receive money transactions based on pre-set criteria. However, based on comments on the thread linked below we understand that this won't suit all users as using rules doesn't give you an opportunity to adjust allocations. http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Bank-Feeds-Recurring-Transactions-Not-Active... We would very much like to hear your thoughts on the existing rules feature in relation to this suggestion.
Sie
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is deffinitely a feature that should be added. You can have recurring transactions which change amounts which aren't defined by a percentage or allocated amounts.

faye
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

I would like to be able to access my recurring transaction from the bank feed because of the issues already mentioned. However, the way recurring transactions calculate/populate has changed between v19 and 2014, and is a backwards step and is now less user friendly and takes more time.

ReeChristie201
3 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if when entering a 'spend money' or 'pay bill' off a bank feed transaction you could use a recurring transaction.

At the moment the 'Use Recurring' button is greyed out and you have to enter the transaction again and 'Save as Recurring'. Such a hassle when we have lot's of handy Recurring Transactions already saved and avaliable when entering transactions out of the Bank Feeds Screen.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Would also be great to have find transactions inside the bank feeds as well.... is time consuming going between the into bank feeds screen and back out again to find the transaction and back in again over and over and over again.

Please vote on my previous post as well Find Transactions in Bank Feeds

Thanks clouds

MCSydney
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Using bank feeds has been great - makes life so much easier.

The ability to create and link to transactions like Customer Payments on the fly on the right side of the screen is really useful.

The one improvement that would make life so much easier is when you get to a transaction screen like 'Spend Money' or 'Transfer Money' or 'Receive Money' it does not let you 'Use Recurring' for these functions...and therefore forces you to change windows and record these transactions independently and then come back into the Bank Feeds window.

Therefore - by enabling the 'Use Recurring' through the Bank Feeds function considerable efficiency could be improved for the user and improve the user experience.

MCSydney
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I just noticed that this idea has already been posted. To avoid duplication please delete this one and refrain from posting to this to prevent diluting the 'votes'.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

@JasonHill,

It seems you have now marked both posts (this and the one in the link) as duplicates so now neither can be voted on.

hope that helps.