Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Ability to select Use Recurring

Partner

3Posts

104Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Partner
Australia

I think the Bank Feed feature is great but it has a big problem. When you go Find & Spend Money you can not select a RECURRING TRANSACTION. Therefore, you have to go out of Bank Feeds & Into Banking & Spend Money & process the transaction as we used to do it.

That means you still need to PRINT off your bank statements for data entry. I thought the idea of Bank Feeds is that you could do away with paper bank statements & process Recurring Transactions on the Bank Feed screen.

We are really not saving that much time with the Bank Feeds screen it would greatly improve productivity & stress if we could select Recurring Transactions in the Spend Money feature in Bank Feeds?

Furthermore it would mean no more paper bank statements?

Your feedback & votes would be appreciated as I am sure this affects all MYOB Users.

"Bank Feeds & Recurring Transactions"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

We can see this is a very popular idea and would be interested to see who else would find this idea useful. Please bear in mind that rules in bank feeds do already provide similar (though not exactly the same functionality). You can setup rules by clicking manage rules in the bank feeds screen. This allows the automatic creation of spend or receive money transactions based on pre-set criteria. However, based on comments on the thread linked below we understand that this won't suit all users as using rules doesn't give you an opportunity to adjust allocations. http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Bank-Feeds-Recurring-Transactions-Not-Active/idi-p/213479 We would very much like to hear your thoughts on the existing rules feature in relation to this suggestion.

58 Comments
natvk
3 Posts
Cover User

I agree with above request to be able to access your Spend/ Receive Money recurring transactions  through Bank Feeds. Sounds logical to me to make user's life easier. It is dissapointing that it takes MYOB over 3 years to develop?

Watco
4 Posts
Cover User

Get this done, its crazy it isnt available, when going to spend money on the banking tab, reoccuring transactions works fine, but when going to spend money screen through bank feeds it doesnt work, this is a major programming issue. Some programmers need to be fired.

BecksE
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

June 2017 and this is still a thing MYOB helpdesk... surely its not that hard to allow people to use preset recurring transaction templates direct from within Bank Feeds...

Bank Feeds is a paid and subbed service and one of the most user-friendly and timesaving features of MYOB, but my biggest non-time saving peev after having used this for over 2 years at least is that for the handful of transactions every month that are done external to AR/AP I am required to drop out of bankfeeds and go into spend money to process and then go back to bankfeeds to match it.

Whats the reasoning behind being unable to directly link the templates? They don't require having a $$ value in them. I mean its the coding templates I'm sure most people would at least prefer than the $$ amount anyway.

Thanks

Kerry

Senadhi
Experienced User
31 Posts
Experienced User

I find this a serious limitation with the bank feeds as well. Creating a transaction rule is not suitable at times (for example, our loan repayments and interest payments appear on the bank statements with the same reference details, so we need to be able to manually record a recurring transaction within the Bank Feeds function).

Bluewren
Partner
21 Posts
Partner

I also would like to see the recurring transactions accessible from bankfeeds.  Bank Rules apply to fixed amounts & description detail but often recurring transactions have different values. I constantly go out of bankfeeds to use my recurring transactions - which are many!

Ouch
2 Posts
Cover User

Lol, came across the below whilst reading the comments, it's from Oct 2014, this thread started in March 2013 and I'm guessing since it's now 2017 and it's still 'Under Consideration' that it's likely never going to happen???

Could MYOB perhaps then at least please consider adding the ability to print the bank feed list??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suja_P

5,451 Posts
Community Manager

Thank you all for your votes and comments. We understand it would be great to be able to use a saved recurring transaction to record an amount appearing in the Bank Feeds window.

These Idea Exchange posts along with your votes and comments give our developers an idea of the various features and functions that you, our customers, would like to see in the software. It helps them prioritise the changes and enhancements that are introduced in future updates. 

Considering the number of votes this Idea has received, we hope to have this introduced in a future update. Thank you for your patience in the meantime

Maureen-Elaine
1 Post
User

Hello

Bank Feeds & Recurring Transactions

Being able to use "Recurring Transactions" on "Bank Feeds" is absolutely essential for us.  We cant use "Rules" for a lot of our transactions as we have entries with more than one line and varying amounts.  An example is the monthly creditors - one amount goes through the bank account but it needs to be split between many payees. As per the comments above this appears to be an active item since 2013 and it seems to affect a lot of users and having spoken to a MYOB consultant for over an hour on this issue there seems to be no solution.  This makes the Bank Feeds a lot less useful that we had hoped it would be and we are still required to print off bank statements and do manual entries.  It would be a great improvement to have this actioned very soon.

The "Use Recurring" option in Spend/Receive Money is visible but is greyed out and unavailable for use. 

Regards

Maureen and Elaine

KimPatton
1 Post
Cover User

We need to have our Recurring transactions listed in Bank Feeds, as I use these a lot.

ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I agree - but considering the original post was 5 years ago, I don't hold much hope. 

sadler
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree that this feature would be excellent. For instance, I may have a monthly phone bill with a template which I have saved as a recurring transaction. I need to claim varying proprotions of the many components of this bill. i cannot simply match it to an existing expense.   For instance, if I did not work for 50% of that month, I need to adjust my tax deductible components for the mobile phone etc but perhaps not for other components.