Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: American Express feeds

Trusted Partner

25Posts

43Kudos

2Solutions

25 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

This has been raised in discussion posts and also submitted to Live Accouns ideas forum but I would like to re-iterate for Account Right Plus.

Desperately need to see Amex in bank feeds, we have many hundreds of transactions that could be automated if Amex was supported.

Thanks

"Bank Feed for American Express issued by Amex"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: April 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you for comments and voting for this idea.

We are pleased to offer bank feeds for American Express cards (issued by American Express). These are can be found under the tag of AMEX Credit Cards under Financial Institutions when applying for bank feed credit cards. 

For more information into American Express credit card feeds do please see The Pulse: MYOB partners with American Express to deliver an accounting software industry first

For more information into applying for those feeds please see Help Article: Set up bank feeds

31 Comments
LG_64
1 Post
Cover User

AS A PRIORITY WE NEED TO GET BANK FEEDS FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS HAPPENING ASAP!

DO WE KNOW IF THIS IS UNDER WAY?  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE

REGARDS

LG_64

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Leanne,

i agree that this is needed sooner rather than later, along with Diners and those cards associated with GE Finance such as the Coles Mastercard.

However my clients using AMEX  now use the MYOB Get Statements feature to import the QIF file. see this Support note -

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9085/kw/get%20statement

Cheers

David

Richidee
1 Post
Cover User

must have american express bank feeds asap

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Richidee

Thanks for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and bank feeds. Along with commenting I would recommend showing your support for the idea using the +Vote button next to the idea's name.

dhalim
2 Posts
User

need to use the bank feed from AMEX card... how is it possible??? thx

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @dhalim 

Thanks for showing your support for this Idea on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange. 

Currently you can only apply for an American Express bank feed that has been issued by a bank i.e. Westpac, ANZ. If the card has been issued directly by American Express you are unable to setup a bank feed for it. However this idea has been put forward to investigate and look into possibly offering that option in the future.

If you can obtain a copy of the bank/credit card transactions in an OFX, QFX, QIF and OFC format you could look at using the Banking>>Bank Register>>Get Statement feature. This is similar to bank feeds, it allows you to match your AccountRight transactions with your bank/credit card transactions. For more information into Get Statement please see Support Note: Importing bank statements using the "Get Statement" function

Once again thank you for showing your support by voting.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello David,

I quite agree that MYOB neeeds to arrange for AMEX, Diners and GE Finance issued Cards (such as Coles MasterCard etc) to be available via Bank Feeds.

There is however an alternative way to get AMEX details into MYOB by the use of the Get Statement function. While this does not enable rules to be setup it is quite an efficient way to speed up the processing. For more details have a look at this MYOB Support Note -

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9085/kw/9085

Cheers

David

dhalim
2 Posts
User

yes indeed, im using westpac amex, but couldnt have the bank feed, its troublesome! how to get the bank feed from amex wetpac????? thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @dhalim 

Are you able to confirm as to what MYOB program you are using - is it MYOB Essentials or MYOB AccountRIght?

Miket
Contributing Partner
15 Posts
Contributing Partner

Would dearly love to see Amercan Express issued AMEX cards on the bank feeds list. Surely there must be 1000s of users out there that would benefit from this? For such a large organisation and so  many users, the Get Statement alternative is a poor cousin and not as efficient. What is the problem with adding it to the list???

PS I have already "voted" for this - I suspect most MYOB usres are unaware of this vote asystem and need to be alerteed to it if you ant to use it as a gauge of people's wants.