Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Hide multiple transactions at a time

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

645Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In the Bank Feeds window, I would like the ability to hide multiple transactions (not just one at a time).  This would be a great feature if not available.  Can anyone assist in this regard?

"Bank Feeds Window - Would like the ability to hide multiple transactions (not just one at a time)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thank you for your suggestion @A-Snax We're always interested to here how we can improve your workflow. Anyone who would like to be able to select multiple bank feed transactions at once to be hidden, please cast your vote here.

188 Comments
Sillabil
6 Posts
Cover User

I had 3 years plus to hide which waas an enormous job. I may have requested bank feeds earlier but due to numerous illnesses I couldn't start until this financial year. I have almost completed the hide and hope that I can balance. Thank you and regards

parqld
6 Posts
Cover User

So here is the deal, You get MYOB to provide Bank Feeds that show transactions back to 2014 that i do not want to see. The software does not allow me to hide bank feed transactions by date range so i must right click and hide each one manually. Thats a lot of transactions. A pretty simple feature to implement. and this is meant to be sophisticated business software. I suggest your Dev team need to look at this as this is a needed feature.

- Postcsript: a clunky work around is to download a screen Mouse and keyboard Macro recorder and set up a batch macro to do this. Has limitations and is only a work around for what should be a feature in the software.

@A-Snax wrote:

In the Bank Feeds window, I would like the ability to hide multiple transactions (not just one at a time).  This would be a great feature if not available.  Can anyone assist in this regard?

bunkerj1
2 Posts
Cover User

Could you please upgrade the bank feed feature to allow to hide multiple bank feed transactions. Thanks Smiley Happy

mtwc
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Any time frame on this? I notice people have been lobbying for this for over 2 years now. How long does it take or how many votes are needed?

I signed up for bank feeds in 2013 but it didn't work as well as Xero's so I didn't use it. I would like to hide all transactions before the start of this month - all at once - not 5000 transactions individually! 

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @mtwc,

There isn't a set number of votes that is required to implement an idea - please note that as soon as it's garnered enough interest (as this idea has), we do bring it up for discussion with the development team. Please do note that we have, and will continue to, pitch this idea to them - however, ultimately, it is up to them to decide which ideas will be our focus in the near future (taking in consideration feasibility, time, and resources).

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

RobertaHourn
1 Post
Cover User

Hope to see change in the near future

CharlieA
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

This needs to be added ASAP. I have thousands of transactions that need to be hidden, I'm not going to hide them one by one.

mtm12
2 Posts
Cover User

Please can you update MYOB to be able to hide more than one transaction at a time in your bank feeds. Hiding transactions one at a time is not only time consuming but frustrating!!!!! 

I am new to this bank feeds set up so if someone can tell me how I can match and approve the electronic payments (thats if it can be done) that would be helpful rather than having to hide hundreds of transactions after reconciliation. Cheers Smiley Happy

Archers
2 Posts
Cover User

I raised this same issue with MYOB last week and they said it is not avaiable yet and asked me to put this comment here.

I have a total of around 1,600 transactions that I need to hide at the end of each quarter and at the beginning of the next quarter as I record bulk entries for these transactions to save time.

Can anyone at MYOB please have this feature added? Thanks.

Archers
2 Posts
Cover User

"USE RECURRING"

Can MYOB please have this feature activated on the bank feeds window (new) as it is grayed out at the moment.

When recording recurring transactions (receive or send money) I always have to go back to the banking screen window and do it from there as use "USE RECURRING" is not active on the bank feeds window. Also, I have to take a screen shot of the transactions on my bank feeds window and print it so I can tick what has been entered which is time consuming.

I spoke with MYOB Account Right and they said this feature is not avaiable yet. I wondered if other customers did not complain about this previously and MYOB has not done anything yet to resolve the issue.