Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Hide multiple transactions at a time

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

645Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In the Bank Feeds window, I would like the ability to hide multiple transactions (not just one at a time).  This would be a great feature if not available.  Can anyone assist in this regard?

"Bank Feeds Window - Would like the ability to hide multiple transactions (not just one at a time)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thank you for your suggestion @A-Snax We're always interested to here how we can improve your workflow. Anyone who would like to be able to select multiple bank feed transactions at once to be hidden, please cast your vote here.

188 Comments
LynnLMA
2 Posts
User

Have we had any advancement on this subject - I cannot see any changes.

Can someone from MYOB advise if this feature is being considered. I believe it to be necessary as a huge time saver for many bookkepers.

Thank you

UNIQUEBAL
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I cant believe that this function is taking so long - its inexcusable 

exhaustfactory
7 Posts
User

Still cant do this and its 2021.........

parqld
6 Posts
Cover User

*** SEPTEMBER 2021 - PROBLEM SOLVED ***

Got so sick of this issue not being resolved over 5 years or more that we finally Switched to XERO.. absolutly loving it, our productivity has gone next level. We had been a dedicated MYOB User since 2005 and they have just not listened to their customer base. Well you have lost a long term user. We will besigning off with MYOB Real soon.

exhaustfactory
7 Posts
User

Agree it may be time to move to xero and I only signed up in June from my old trusty V19 - price increase too!  During covid! ridiculous!

parqld
6 Posts
Cover User

We are going through our accountants who are Xero Partners and the cost is much less than MYOB with more power and flexabilty. it is a true cloud modle, not like MYOB's cluky client server approach.

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We the users need to start holding MYOB accountable for the lack of useful improvements being made.

Your issue is one of many that are almost always the same real issue.

A lack of customisability in all aspects of the programme but because you have a very specific need only a small number of people will vote for this idea

They manage to divide us into small groups because we all have very specific changes or improvements that we want done but in general not enough people either see the request or want exactly that change made to get enough votes to hopefully get the idea considered for inclusion into the possible future improvements selection list that the Team will be considering for possible inclusion into the future improvements consideration list ( that nothing ever seems to get done from anyway).

Please note the long winded underlined part is deliberate as that’s how difficult it is to get Anything changed in MYOB

We need an external forum where we can distil out effective broad reaching changes to the usability of the program.

What I am referring to is things like allowing us the users to have full and complete control of what information and arrangements we want on all the onscreen and offscreen reports including sales/purchasing/inventory and accounting screens

In other words allow us to decide whatever information, in whatever format we need to suit our business in both onscreen and offscreen reports

The issue seems to be that whatever columns and information the MYOB experts decided many years ago was the one and only arrangement that we would ever need because how could we possibly know better what would suit our business operation.

We only run and manage our business everyday so how could we know what arrangement of information in on and offscreen would be best for our business.

We could then give MYOB and the Team a list of effective changes that need to be made with a request for an expected delivery date for the changes to be implemented by.

This may then help in speeding up the implementation of some really helpful changes

As in the case above 

This would be very useful to a number of users of MYOB but what would be more useful would be to allow the users to fully customise all and any columns in any report and to be able to select any column that that has any connection to that report. ( AND I DO MEAN ANY AND ALL COLUMNS NOT WHAT THE PROGRAMMER THINKS ARE THE CORRECT ONES)

This would allow everyone to create any mix of columns in any order that suited their purpose.

Instead of us asking for a single useful change that only suits a few people at atime we would have a single upgrade that would make it way more useful to many users.

Darryl

VCaban
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

I have been a loyal MYOB user since the 1990's.. I was an MYOB Certified Consultant in the late 1990's and have used the software ever since.  When Xero first came out, I hated it... but now, I'm sorry MYOB, but Xero is SO much more user friendly.... I currently have a client on MYOB AR who has somehow downloaded hundreds of transactions into their Bank Feeds (from 2014 to 2021).  If they were using Xero, I would just go in and delete the downloaded bank statements.... but in MYOB, even though the issue was raised on this thread back in 2014, I still have to go in and right mouse click every single transaction!!!  It is going to take me hours if not days.... which is such a waste of time..... not to mention the RSI....  Seriously MYOB!  There has to be a better way!!!!

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB simply doesnt care 

and why should they

We keep paying them and while ever we do they will not do anything to improve the user friendliness and customisability of it

bruna
1 Post
Cover User

I have a client who has hundreds of transactions in the bank feed dating back several years.  I am currently deleting them one at a time.  Crazy!