Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: PayPal feeds

Cover User

7Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User

I have had a few requests from people who are professional ebay sellers wanting an accounting package that allows them to get direct feeds from Paypal. I hear that Xero offers this however this is not offered by MYOB.

Paypal is the preferred method of payment for many online sellers so MYOB is missing out on many new clients by not offering this add on.

"Bankfeed for Paypal"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: June 2016

Hi everyone,

For some time now we have worked with the team at PayPal to provide a transaction feed. Whilst both parties still hope to do so in the future, at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement.

We will provide an update on this forum, when the status changes.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

42 Comments
GWES
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am about to offer Paypal on my website, which processes a few hundred payments a month... I may be splitting this side of my company to Xerox after reading this, what a great idea!

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Would love this feature some of our clients really struggle with trying to balance the paypal account and it doesn't help that PayPal deducts a % of fees on EVERY transaction.  MYOB would need to have the ability to split bank feeds first?

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the excellent suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see direct feeds from Paypal, please cast your vote for this idea here.
Kerry_Hunt
Trusted Cover User
25 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I am thinking of offering a PayPal option to my clients and integrating this with MYOB would be an excellent option.  Thanks MYOB

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

As each day progresses, more and more people use Paypal - its the easiest, safe and secure method of transactions over the internet.  I know people who won't buy from an online store if they don't offer Paypal as a payment option.  Business owner's don't have the time to manually process each Paypal transaction in MYOB so online businesses won't be looking at MYOB for their accounting software package.  MYOB is crazy to ignore this.  Please arrange for bank feeds to be set up for Paypal as soon as possible.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you everyone for your comments and votes. As you've all mentioned PayPal is a very popular method of transacting online. Due to this our team have been working with PayPal on a project to provide PayPal feeds in AccountRight. We will provide further details including ETA as soon as possible. 

thebookkeepers
7 Posts
Cover User

Great to see that MYOB is moving forward with Paypal feeds. As mentioned by the other contributors Paypal is fast becoming a preferred payment method for many business and MYOB as been missing out on these businesses to other accounting programs such as Xero. It will be a great selling point to be able to offer this facility to prospective clients.

Please keep us informed of the progress.

Ray-163529
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I work for a small eBay business doing the books, much of my time is taken up taking invoicing from eBay and payments from PayPal, and entering them into MYOB. This is time consuming double dealing. If there were an ability to link eBay or PayPal or both with MYOB, that would save so much time and effort, so that other work could be done.  Is there any plan to do this?

Meanwhile, a family friend is attempting to design an Excel speadsheet that will assist in the process, I will let you know how that goes. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please do not hesitate to share your knowledge!

Thank you

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ray-163529

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange by voting. To vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Pipped
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I am pretty desperate to get the Paypal bank link for professional eBay sellers available urgently but this nonsense with an invoice being generated for each finance charge will need to be eliminated first.

Invoice numbers do still have a role to play in record keeping. 

I have one client with 50-75 eBay transactions a day (one customer eBay) and their file is already too large for Account Rright cloud version.

Elimination of this additional invoice would reduce file size, everyone will benefit.