Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: PayPal feeds

Cover User

7Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User

I have had a few requests from people who are professional ebay sellers wanting an accounting package that allows them to get direct feeds from Paypal. I hear that Xero offers this however this is not offered by MYOB.

Paypal is the preferred method of payment for many online sellers so MYOB is missing out on many new clients by not offering this add on.

"Bankfeed for Paypal"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: June 2016

Hi everyone,

For some time now we have worked with the team at PayPal to provide a transaction feed. Whilst both parties still hope to do so in the future, at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement.

We will provide an update on this forum, when the status changes.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

42 Comments
konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

Dear MYOB - Support and developers. In this day and age where many people are using online - PayPal - as the primary payment for online shopping, MYOB have fallen behind in keeping up with the most obvious bank feed required -PAYPAL feed. Get your ACT together and come up with an agreement - or we will be voiting with our feet to move to another package that seems to keep up with emerging technologies and solutions!!!!!!!

James1980
1 Post
Cover User

We ahve 3 businesss we love MYOB but a moing to Xero becoause of theis, MYOB sort your stuff out, i heard you spend 800million on your own gateway, and that is the real reason, but you are loosing customers by not having paypal

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
109 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hey MYOB,

Paypal feeds have been labelled MAYBE LATER since JUNE 2016.

I believe JULY 2018 is later so can we get a update? I have already got 2 newer business profiles with Xero and Im not their biggest fan, however 2 of my exisiting MYOB business profiles are increasing thier paypal services and we are seriously considering moving them for the time savingings and convienence.

IS THERE ANY UPDATE ? ANY PROGRESS?

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

To "ntoumba" - if MYOB cannot look after their customer base - who have poured, months and months of monthly fees into their software development kitty as well as provided a forum for their next whizz bang features for MYOB - and their response has been  "at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement" for the last x years - time to move to alternative software that works with new and emerging technolgies - such as PayPal. You note Xero is not a favourite of yours - but - your issue with PayPal feeds should not be one of these!!?

Let me provide you with an example - We are a large PayPal user - it takes us around 3 hours to enter all of the individual transactions into MYOB. We even got a AUTO recording tool to mimic the mouse and keyboard strokes to record the same, to save us from RSI. We then connected the same to Xero - gone from 3 hours - to 3 minutes. So what software option do you thnk we are now considering??  And thanks to the lame response from MYOB in relation to agreements - it just makes our decision to change even stronger. MYOB can wait for an agreement to be made between PayPal and MYOB however I have Xero time to consider their politics as it is costing me time away from what matters most - Minding My Own Business!!!

Noddysfriend
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please provide an interface which will assist with handling payments received via PayPal. I am responsible for the accounting of a registered charity, which is fully run by volunteers. Anything that can reduce our administrative workload will enable us to get on with our 'core business' of looking after native animals. We receive much of our funding from public donations revieved via PayPal.

Thank you in anticipation.

burty1109
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Dear MYOB.

Why is it 2018 and we cannot sync with Paypal --> 70% of my payments come in from Paypal, I spent 2 full days this week reconciling payments -> very painful and a 2 days of my life I will never get back!.

I note that you cannot come to a commercial agreement, does this mean, Paypal won't pay us money to support the feature?  What about your users? 

As others have said, Zero/Quickbooks provide this feature.

Your software is slow and does not support Paypal.. 

If anyone is looking at MYOB as a viable solution for their business, I suggest you look elsewhere..  It is obvious MYOB are not prepared to listen to their users.

Can you give your customers, the ones that pay the fees, a real solid reply when or if you will provide this as a feature..  I need to know and so do others.. Stop fluffing around giving pointless responses, we want to know.

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

Steve [MYOB Support] , Thank you - it was nice to know that it does not seem to be seen as beneficial to both MYOB and your customers. MYOB seem to have lost their customer focus, and like others who have spent DAYS and I mean DAYS - I know what -Burty1109- is saying when they say lost days, I have been doing this for 6 years - every 3 months - I lose a weekend -   reconciling PayPal into MYOB - lost time - not to be laughed at, which MYOB are doing. I have therefore decided to test in parallel XERO and so sorry to say. I have now moved to XERO and find their product more customer focus than MYOB will ever be.  No more lost days with a piece of s/ware that does not adapt to the ever changing needs of the financial needs of customers. I quite happily paid my monthly fee to MYOB in the hope that these forums would develop a product that matched my and other customer requirements. It seems this forum is only there to frustrate and have customers vent their frustration in the hope that someone is listening. Your response is only hiding the sad reality that MYOB have been left behind.. All the best!!

thebookkeepers
7 Posts
Cover User

Is there any updates on this MYOB?

This is a real issue for many businesses and Paypal , as a form of payment, is getting more and more popular.

Your subscribers will have no choice to go elsewhere if there isn't a viable solution - there is way too much time being wasted entering Paypal transactions manually when an automatic feed (which your competitors offer) could solve the problem.

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
109 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Does any one from @MYOB look at this thread?

@Stuart_W , @Neil_M , @Satyam_N , @Dave-P , @HaydenW , @Em_P

It would be nice to get a response to the many requests for an update. 

With the last MYOB comment from 2016 and multiple request for an update in the past few months with no response its a clear that its not a priority for MYOB. 

Is paypal still not considered a prioirty for MYOB? 

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

All PayPal users.. I have been using PayPal within MYOB for the last 7 years. Like many I have lost days/weeks of my personal life reconciling. I therefore recently looked at Xero and resumed to run both MYOB and Xero at the same time. For PayPal alone, the reconciliation is the reason I have decided - enough is enough. I am now being exact in what I say in my next sentence. We have many transactions every 3 months to reconcile. In MYOB it took me over 18-19 hours to reconcile. In Xero it took me, 2 minutes.. I literally am telling you - the exact calculations of my work required. I know where I will be the next few weekends. Not posting on MYOB forums ever again!