Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: PayPal feeds

Cover User

7Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User

I have had a few requests from people who are professional ebay sellers wanting an accounting package that allows them to get direct feeds from Paypal. I hear that Xero offers this however this is not offered by MYOB.

Paypal is the preferred method of payment for many online sellers so MYOB is missing out on many new clients by not offering this add on.

"Bankfeed for Paypal"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: June 2016

Hi everyone,

For some time now we have worked with the team at PayPal to provide a transaction feed. Whilst both parties still hope to do so in the future, at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement.

We will provide an update on this forum, when the status changes.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

42 Comments
shau
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It's 2019 now, this is ridiculous and disingenious.  If MYOB have promised to look into something don't stall for 5+ years with no progress as of yet!

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

Shau, Hence the whole reason why we decided 12 months ago to go to another Accounting package. I was spending my whole weekend (literally, saturday and sunday reconciling a whole week of PayPal transactions).. A nightmare that I was dealing with for over 9 years. No matter how many attempts I made to try and make this a priority to MYOB they seemed to brush it off. It was told to me that there is a dispute for the cost of providing the feeds from PayPal to MYOB, which they were not able to reolve and agree on. It sounded like a $ figure that the dispute was over. Therefore the MYOB community who paid good money to keep up to date with the latest trends was impacted.. Look around there are better products and better support.  My PayPal feeds now are received daily and reconciliation takes me literally seconds - as opposed to hours.. I have my weekends back.. Smiley Happy 

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @konmanos 

Since noone from MYOB has responded or bothered to update on this issue, maybe we can help find better solutions ourselves. 

Any tips on what service is best for Paypal? 

I have moved 4 of my files to Xero and it works well - but because one of my files has a extermley LARGE number of transactions coming in on my paypal feed it often drops the feed and struggles to reconnect. 

Anyone else had sucess with another program?

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

I am also using Xero and have not experienced that issue at all. Can you please provide me - what are the amount of transactions that you are receiving per day?

1 x transaction has a credit (sale received) and debit (fee to paypal).. 

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@konmanos 

I have usually 5000 transactions at a min per month.

Sometimes up to 12,000 - the problems seems to occur as alot of my paypal sales are subscriptions and on the renewal date each month I can have 4/5000 transactions in one or two days. 

Also I only log in once a month to reconcile so they sort of back up. 

I contact Xero Support and they suggested removing the feed and just importing the statement each month as the only resolution - so Im not overly happy with that but its what I have to do to keep on top of things at the moment. 

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

ntoumba, do you use cash coding  when you reconcile? If you reconcile daily - does the issue still occur?

Noddysfriend
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Extrememly disappointing that this has not been addressed by MYOB. Their fees continue to climb, but this issue is still unresolved.

This request is extrememly important to the community group which I manage with this software!!!!!!!

If XERO can resolve it, then why can't MYOB??

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

"If XERO can resolve it, then why can't MYOB??" - it all has to do with the $$$ - PayPal and MYOB cannot agree on the $$$ to provide the feed to MYOB users. 

thebookkeepers
7 Posts
Cover User

This definitely needs to be resolved MYOB.

More and more people are using Paypal as a form of payment and we are stuck in the dark ages still entering transactions manually.

Such a time waster when we know that there are software packages out there capable of doing it. - I have been loyal to MYOB for many years but am quickly losing my patience.

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

To "thebookkeepers" - you raised this in 2014 - 5 years ago, and it remains as one of those items that will remain in the dark ages. Vote with your feet I am glad I did. I feel sorry for anyone that in this day and age is wasting their time with manual entry of transactions when feeds are available for 90% of accounts.. PayPal is definately one of these that can make your life miserable - but there are solutions.. MYOB is not one of them..