Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Rules - "does not include/exclude these words"

Experienced Cover User

42Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I have two regular transactions for which the wording is almost exactly the same.

FNDS TRF MFT

FNDS TRF MFT WAGES

While I could set up two rules, I don't have confidence that account right would always pick the correct one.

What I would like is to expand the description  filters.  

At the moment we have "this exact word or phrase" and "and/or any of these words".

I would also like "but does not include these words".

The for the Bank Rule for "FNDS TRF MFT" I could include "WAGES" is the "does not include these words" filter and I could get better confidence in the rules being applied correctly.

"Exclude words in Bank Feed Rules"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2015

Thanks for your suggestion @DerekM. I can certainly see how this change would be useful in some circumstances. Anyone else who would like to be able to exclude words in bank feed rules, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

1 Comment
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @DerekM. I can certainly see how this change would be useful in some circumstances. Anyone else who would like to be able to exclude words in bank feed rules, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!