Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Unallocated report

Trusted Cover User

44Posts

165Kudos

2Solutions

44 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi there, 

Just wanted to put up for discussion the idea of an Unallocated Bank Feed Report or at least a general ledger option the same as LiveAccounts (see discussion below).

http://community.myob.com/t5/Troubleshooting-LiveAccounts/Printing-unallocated-transactions/td-p/202...

I have clients who I do bookkeeping for and need to clarify several transactions a month in AccountRight Live Plus. Currently I have to screen shot the bank feed screen and then copy that onto an email to query with the client. It would be great if you could just print a report of all transactions that have been 'fed' through to MYOB but have not yet been 'allocated' or 'ticked off'. 

Thankyou
"Unallocated Bank Feed Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2017

Hi Everyone

Once again thank you for showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.1 comes the ability to search bank feeds transactions. As part of this, you now have the ability to copy the search results to clipboard.

If you would like a copy of just the unmatched bank feeds filter the bank feeds window to show unmatched transactions before copying the details to the clipboard by typing match:2 into the search field.  Below is an extract that explains what the export would look like and why match:2 is required for that unmatched transactions.

Attachments.PNG

You can find out more information into AccountRight 2017.1, including a list of features, improvements and how to obtain that value via the AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2017.1 now available

55 Comments
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Great idea!

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks @Steven_M sorry for the duplicate I tried to find it before I posted with no luck.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Yes agree - would be great to be able to obtain a Report for Unmatched/Unallocated Bank Feeds.  Often I need clarification/further documentation on bank feeds from clients as to what the transactions are for in order for me to enter/code the transactions correctly.   Currently there is no report or facility to do this with ease.   At the moment I manually type them into a spreadsheet which is time consuming and unproductive for all concerned.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @CloudMindAcc 

You are welcome, it does happen occasionally. 

Andy10
Partner
12 Posts
Partner

Completely agree - even if we could just send unmatched transactions to excel from Bank Feeds, to enable us to compile our own report easily - I am sure having that facility or a report would save many of us a great deal of time!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Andy10

Thank you for voting for this idea and taking the time to share your thoughts. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Jmourtada
6 Posts
Cover User

Even though we can print an unmatched report this way but I would suggest adding a button on BankFeeds screen to print unmatched transactions.

The way mentioned above ( http://community.myob.com/t5/Troubleshooting-LiveAccounts/Printing-unallocated-transactions/td-p/202... ) is too much complicated to print an unmateched transactions report.

On MYOB Essential you can simply click print page and there it comes the report you need, I wish there was a function to print the bankfeeds screen as it is on AccountRight.

Jmourtada
6 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if we can print the BankFeed screen as it is to show unmatched transactions and what ever on the screen.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jmourtada 

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts in regards to the idea on adding in a Unmatched transactions report for bank feeds.

Along with commenting if you want to show your support for an Idea on the AccountRight Idea's Exchange I would recommend voting for an idea. You can voting for the idea using + Vote next to the idea's name.

ToeC
Trusted User
49 Posts
Trusted User

MYOB - any update on how your 'consideration' of this issue is going?  The thread has been here for over a year, and currently  has 2 pages of comments and 31 likes.  There is clearly a demand for this.  (I would guess that most of the people looking at the thread came to the forum to find out how to print the transactions, and ended up here surprised that the feature isn't already there.)

Bank feeds is a great tool, but not being able to print / export these unallocated items adds a time-consuming manual step in an otherwise efficient process.