Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Unallocated report

Trusted Cover User

44Posts

165Kudos

2Solutions

44 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi there, 

Just wanted to put up for discussion the idea of an Unallocated Bank Feed Report or at least a general ledger option the same as LiveAccounts (see discussion below).

http://community.myob.com/t5/Troubleshooting-LiveAccounts/Printing-unallocated-transactions/td-p/202...

I have clients who I do bookkeeping for and need to clarify several transactions a month in AccountRight Live Plus. Currently I have to screen shot the bank feed screen and then copy that onto an email to query with the client. It would be great if you could just print a report of all transactions that have been 'fed' through to MYOB but have not yet been 'allocated' or 'ticked off'. 

Thankyou
"Unallocated Bank Feed Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2017

Hi Everyone

Once again thank you for showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.1 comes the ability to search bank feeds transactions. As part of this, you now have the ability to copy the search results to clipboard.

If you would like a copy of just the unmatched bank feeds filter the bank feeds window to show unmatched transactions before copying the details to the clipboard by typing match:2 into the search field.  Below is an extract that explains what the export would look like and why match:2 is required for that unmatched transactions.

Attachments.PNG

You can find out more information into AccountRight 2017.1, including a list of features, improvements and how to obtain that value via the AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2017.1 now available

55 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AmyR

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

GeorgieC
Experienced Partner
31 Posts
Experienced Partner

This would be a very useful tool.  I would love it if it was possible.

Noreen-AccAdv
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Ability to save a report in bank feeds of unrecorded transactions to email to client for queries

Beech2112
1 Post
User

Is there a way that the unallocated bank feed entries can be printed or downloaded to Excel (preferred), Word or PDF  

I am a bookkeeper who works remotely from the client and require a way to comunicate with the client the details of entries unallocated on the bank feed screen.  The situations are that they may not have provided or entered supplier invoices into the system but paid them directly from the bank account or have written a cheque and the only details are the cheque number.  I need a way to advise the client which supplier invoices to enter and provide details of who the cheques were for and also if there are unidentified deposits who paid the funds to the account.

Currently the only way I have been advised is to do a screen print and send that or retype all the transactions details from the Bank Feed screen.  I have tried to copy by holding down the mouse button with out success.

The various clients are on 2015.4, 2016.1 and 2016.2

Any help appreciated

TanyaMc
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

Is there any further news on this, it's been a couple of years since the great suggestions that is well supported by everyone but doesnt seem to be any progress and I desperately need it !!!  

Are there any work arounds to get the unallocated transactions into excel ??

LisaP2020
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would also like to know how MYOB is progressing with this feature?? Everyone I talk to can't understand how there isn't the ability to print the unmatched/unallocated bank feed entries yet, despite so many people being in favour of it?

Currently I have to take screenshots and paste them into a word doc, format/crop the screenshot and then either print or email that for the client. It's painful for me and for them. Even clients are asking why I can't just send them an excel spreadsheet of the transactions.

Any news/feedback from MYOB on this would be appreciated?

Thank you

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TanyaMc & @LisaP2020

Currently we don't have a timeframe for when this particular idea will be placed into development and implemented into the program. However we do understand that some clients do have a great need for it and appreciate your feedback and voting for this idea (like others on this idea).

Kylie321
3 Posts
Cover User

Need a timeframe for this to happen!!!!! Such an urgent report required for bookkeepers who work independently to their clients who are interstate. Extremely frustrating and time consuming for the bookkeeper and costing clients additional time for the additional workload it creates. Bank feeds was meant to cut time down not create more work. 

merl
3 Posts
User

Probably not the correct procedure

@misstams wrote:

Hi there, 

Just wanted to put up for discussion the idea of an Unallocated Bank Feed Report or at least a general ledger option the same as LiveAccounts (see discussion below).

http://community.myob.com/t5/Troubleshooting-LiveAccounts/Printing-unallocated-transactions/td-p/202...

I have clients who I do bookkeeping for and need to clarify several transactions a month in AccountRight Live Plus. Currently I have to screen shot the bank feed screen and then copy that onto an email to query with the client. It would be great if you could just print a report of all transactions that have been 'fed' through to MYOB but have not yet been 'allocated' or 'ticked off'. 

Thankyou

Probably not the correct procedure but with transactions I need to query with my client, I just make the account suspense and print out a report and forward as a pdf to them.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Also refer to this thread http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Notes-on-Bank-Feeds-Page/idi-p/449305

Jan  2014, pages of comments and 136 votes.   Is anyone looking at these pages with any interest.  Make the votes count MYOB please please please.