Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Register: Refresh option

Cover User

1Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Could we please, please, please fix the bank register refresh.  It is really frustrating when i change the date range or the bank account and the screen doesn't refresh.  There is no refresh button i either right click refresh - nothing or i press F5 - nothing.

The only way around it is to exit and re-enter the bank register.

Thank you

Petey

"Refresh button on Bank Register"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2017

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2014.4, the Bank Register got the ability to be searched. Along with that, an Update button was added to the window. By selecting this option it will refresh the list of transactions shown in the Bank Register based on the date/account criteria entered.

17 Comments
Matt
Trusted Cover User
31 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi There,

Somethng that would improve the flow and efficiency of using the Bank Register screen is the replication of the 'filter by date range function' found on the Transaction Journal, Sales Register and Purchases Register screens. The difference being the removal of the manual 'Update' button and the implementation of the filter updating when one of the date fields are changed then loose focus.

What do you think..? 

I am using MYOB AccountRight Plus AU v2015.3.17.3339

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Matt,

I agree.

The Bank Register screen is  unable to be reordered as can most others by clicking on the header line. This makes it most inefficient when searching for a  transaction by the amount or by the reference.

Trhe screen operation must be consistant for efficient work flow.

Cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @David_Cree

The Bank Register is one of the unique windows that can't be sorted by the column headers in AccountRight 2015. It is a set sort by date.

In terms of searching when you go to Banking>>Bank Register>>You will have the option to search. This will search the table listed for the values that you search. For example I am looking for a transaction of $250 I can enter that in for a full search of the table to find all values containing that $250.

Attachments - Copy.PNG

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your comment re the search function, but that is only useful if you know the amount or another detail.

As you say this screen and its inability to be ordered bu colunmn is indeed "unique', but that should not be read as a benefit. There should be consistancy in all areas of the software.

What we mean is that it is sometimes helpful to be able to order the details by sat ascending or decending order for deposits or withdrawals. Also there can be an advantage in sorting by the ID when searching for a transaction.

As a workaround you can run the Bank Register Report and then sort by the required column, but this is not really a practical solution. Please pass on these comments to the Development team.

Regards

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @David_Cree

Thank you for feedback and additional information. I read your initial post on the basis that you knew the amount or reference of the transaction which is what the searching of the Bank Register would do. If you don't know that information I would using the Find Transactions window. However I have shared your thoughts with the team.

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

There is an (Update) button next to the date fields on the [Bank Register] screen but I agree with your idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2014.4, the Bank Register got the ability to be searched. Along with that, an Update button was added to the window. By selecting this option it will refresh the list of transactions shown in the Bank Register based on the date/account criteria entered.