Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
Cheryl72
2 Posts
Cover User

Thanks HeatherDBS, l was hoping that they might have updated by now!! 

Goodness progress is slow!! you would think that would be part of this program. 

Regards 

Cheryl72

Jans
3 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree that we need to be able to email receipts directly from MYOB without some convoluted process that involves copying the receipt and then emailing them out individually.  I use MYOB to save me time so this goes against the grain for me and I don't do it.  However, I know many of my customers would be happier with a receipt.

Chand83
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have been printing and emailing several thousands of receipts to our customers. It was a waste of time. It would be much appreciated if MYOB development team can implement a system to email receipts straight from MYOB, similar to remittance and statements.

Many thanks

Chand

RobynTherese
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree, I never need to print receipts.  Any receipts I need to send are always emailed. It is okay to use a PDF program, but it is an extra step that shouldn't be required.

Henah80
5 Posts
Cover User

I see this comment was posted in May 2013... has any progress been made? It would be really great if we could move this up the queue.  Smiley Happy

Stuckster
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So the latest version of Account Right has just been released and once again no new features enabling users to email receipts.

I see so many users still frustrated by this.

So... by way of reminder, we built our own solution to do exactly this. See my comments on page 14 https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Banking-Emailing-Receipt-option/idi-p/17853...

We are emailing hundreds of customised receipts, with personalised subjects and emails with the click of a button, using data exported from MYOB.

Yes it cost us a little bit to build, but it's paid for itself many times over with the time and effort it has saved.

I guess you need to weigh up the benefits for your own business vs the opportunity cost of continuing to manually create, save and email pdfs to customers or worse still, printing and posting individual receipts.

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So from 2013 users have been asking for receipts to be able to be emailed.  

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of posts on that banking thread, asking for the same thing.

Again another version of MYOB and once again you are ignoring a reasonable request from your users.  

I thank Stuckster for reminding us again that they have built a solution, but considering the cover price of MYOB I don't want to pay more for a feature that should be standard.

What is the point of an idea exchange if you ignore them, or is this simple request beyond MYOB. ??

Starting to see why my colleagues are just switching to XERO.

Lift your game MYOB, this is such a frustrating issue that has been ignored for 5 YEARS.

Furneysaccounts
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great if we could email receipts as well as print them.

LPCC
1 Post
Cover User

Seriously WTF?!?!? You can do it for Statements and Invoices........... It realisticaly must be one or two lines of code to sort this out.

But I suppose you've only had 5 years.

alltimer
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is so true. Definately need to be able to email Receipts.