Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
Monilou
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

From this post it looks like email receipts has been "planned" since 2013.  I think six years is a long enough wait.  Whilst we can print to PDF and save, then email, this is a time consuming process when you are doing numerous receipts, and it would be so much more efficient just to email directly, like we can do with payslips.

Thank you

Monica

JoannePFC
1 Post
User

This is one of the most time consuming issues with Myob.  Save to PDF, go to email (outlook). find clients email, type, find where you have saved and then send.  Come on MYOB - this has been an issue for many years - Thinking of changing to Xero 

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Could not agree more, MYOB have ignored this forum and its users on this issue for years now. 

My frustration at MYOB at all time high atm, after producing 480 members invoices and now having to export to pdf and individually email every darn receipt !@#%&^&&

And then while I'm ranting... OMG setting budgets and every stupid obsolete account line from the turn of the century is listed..... Inactive accounts are not part of the budget process....

somany people have asked for this, and MYOB continues to ignore, just increases cover prices.

Understand more and more, why my peers have shifted to Zero. 

jillian06
1 Post
User

ditto. I can't believe that a simple function to email receipts isn't standard. It's available everywhere else.

MYJEL
Trusted User
28 Posts
Trusted User

We need to be able to email receipts. the fact that the only option is to print is an extreme waste of resources and in this day and age, and a huge negative against MYOB!!!

Wellfix
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

hi - i agree with all of the above. i need to email receipts reguarly and its a pain in the neck having to do it externally - and so now we just dont do it.

this was first raised in 2013 - any news? i also cant understand why it isn't a simple feature when you can email invoices/statements/remittance etc when giving someone a receipt is a common practice.

thanks.

cab1
4 Posts
User

The ability to email receipts has now become a priority in our industry.

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Yay, not before time.  Hope it is soon Smiley Happy

BigG1
1 Post
User

@MHS wrote:

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

This feature would be extremely time-saving and less frustrating.

AnnScicluna
1 Post
User

This function is easily done in Xero.  After applying the Customer Payment to the Invoice, you can then send the receipt directly from that window.  You can also preview the receipt of that actual Receipt information that will be emailed to the Customer.  If you could please add this function ASAP, we have just moved over from Xero and finding this quite fustrating, a simple task that cannot be performed in Myob

@MHS wrote:

Thanks