Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
ElizabethK
2 Posts
Cover User

It is appauling in this day and age of so called technology, that this function cannot be added immediately as we can send invoices and quotes. Very annoying!!! Just fix it!!!

MsBoobear
7 Posts
User

Pardon me for being ever so simplistic, however, when you receive money from a customer they appreciate a receipt.  The fact that we can't issue a receipt from our program is backward and makes me miss Reckon EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!  While we, the stupid user, are your paying customers, this lack of facility makes us look extremely stupid to our customers.

Perhaps I refer back to Reckon too often, and MYOB  does have some pluses over them, however, their functionality and customisability is far superior to what MYOB offers and allows.

_-_-_-_-_
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is it just me or is it worse with the web version of myob?

We have been trying to use it lately, but when you record a payment from a customer, not only can you not send the receipt, but it doesn't take you back to the invoice to be able to email a modified invoice as a receipt, instead it takes you back to the invoice search and hides it, so that you have to go searching for it again to be able to open it and email the invoice to the customer.

This is opposed to the recording payments on purchases which automatically selects the send remittance with no option to turn it off! It's like they are deliberately trying to make our lives harder.

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Priorities??? You must be kidding. Obviously MYOB's idea of priorities is NOT what the general user sensus finds adequate. Too many issues. someone needs to introduce a better accounting program.

Granville
6 Posts
User

MYOB productive, prioritizing team,,, 

kindly prioritise this basic need of being able to e-mail our clients a payment confirmation/receipt/invoice. In the year 2022, we are yet not able to do so.. 

this can't be that hard if the mainstream software providers are doing it.. PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! 

MYOB_Fan_Leanne
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Come on, MYOB. This was suggest back in 2012 - 10 years ago!!!! 10 years and 521 votes (and counting), and there hasn't been any traction on it??? And yet you're interrupting my work every few weeks with your automatic updates that I cannot control (ie postpone to a suitable time for our business)??

Generally speaking I love MYOB, but these things drive me crazy....   Smiley Sad

jceaj
1 Post
User

I continually get asked why my software does not email receipts. Please add this feature.

TESCO
5 Posts
Cover User

Some customers require a GST receipt and emailing these would be a great idea.

LisaDpwk
1 Post
User

I really can't beleive this isn't an option, when will this be changed. 

Granville
6 Posts
User

I even took the time to stay on MYOB's customer service hotline for over 35mins to make a formal request over the phone on this receipt matter that was painful to bear. I was only met by an offshore call centre and a wall of standard, feel-good comments. A request was made, but I am sure that even would have not left the call centre table. 

I see insentient XERO payment receipts sent out to me all the time. just cant do it on MYOB. I am seriously thinking of changing over now.