Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
SP64
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

When paying the superannuation it would be great if the verification code could be sent via email instead of text. We don't always have good mobile phone reception and the verifiaction code to access MYOB is emailed so I don't see why the code to pay super cant be set up the same way.

Would also be very beneficial if receipts for sales could be emailed to customers instead of having to print them out.  On the old MYOB I used you have the option to print or email !  Now I have to save the receipt as a PDF on my computer then go in and email rather than ticking a box and it is emailed direct from MYOB.

SP64
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

I am not sure why they can't change this.  It's so frustrating.  I used to be able to email receipts direct from MYOB but then when they changed the system they took this function away.  No-one from MYOB has been able to tell me why they can't bring this back as an option,  MYOB really need to pick up their act.

getalifebookwor
4 Posts
User

Can't believe its still not possible Smiley Sad its such a pain as many clients insist on sending them for every payment received and its a long process to save as pdf and send seperately....

StaceyGoodwin
2 Posts
Cover User

Emailing receipts would be great, its a real pain having to print then scan to email Smiley Sad

SPELDNZ
6 Posts
User

You can make it a little easier, instead of printing save the receipt as a PDF and email the PDF.

Anthony1990
1 Post
User

i have an option to Email receipts but directs to print option only.

When will this become available?
Email Receipts.png

TerriW86
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User

Cannot agree witht  he previous comments more. User since 1992!

When I searched the topic there are numerous requests for this function, but I did not find a responce from MYOB

Rob2302
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

In both Receive Payments and Receive Money - have the choice of Receipt Delivery Status - along same lines as Invoice Delivery Status, whereby we can choose 

To be Printed

To be Emailed

To be Printed and Emailed

Already Printed or Sent

You can only print the receipts - and if you don't print them they sit there (heaps of them).

An option would be much preferable to this.

JJBFenc
1 Post
User

This feature was in Account Edge on Mac Software now MYOB Have stopped supporting Max account Edge I have been forced to move to Account Right and this feature which is fundamental for my business has been removed. Inly option i have is to print to PDF and attach to new email. Customers always want receipts. They do not appreciate making payments with no acknowledgment from the business.
It takes me a very long time with the amount i have to do. Please reconsider this feature ASAP. 

Environ1
5 Posts
User

If you could also incorporate an automatic entry into the contact log once it's been sent that would be helpful too.

while you're there can you also do this when a statement is emailed please?