Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
Granville
6 Posts
User

I don't think these jokers are even looking at these comments!! I tried calling their customer service to discuss this many times too. They are hidden behind a philippine customer service team just reading off a script.. I am moving away the very chance I get to another provider.. 
Not worth the price we pay for this service. 

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@MHS wrote:

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

So in other words which are much more truthful

"It will never happen "

I want to know what the competeing priorities are and a timeline showing expected completion dates for them and when this may be on the list

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @DazzaB We're always interested to hear how we can improve your workflow. All these feedbacks are monitored by the developers team and will be added in the product roadmap based on feature request.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

@Leneth_A 

I can't believe you were brave enough to type and submit that reply. If that were true, we wouldn't have been finally promised this feature in 2021 then later that year be told MYOB had decided to move in a different direction.

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

Leneth_A 

I cant believe you actually write that you like to hear how MYOB can improve.  I have been asking for 19 years for this option as have many others.  There are over 5oo comments requesting this feature, so obviously the feeback is not monitored, or MYOB really dont care what customers want!!!

SDuddy
Experienced User
118 Posts
Experienced User

@Leneth_A   572 likes, 335 comments.  How much support does this idea need?  Emailing receipts to a customer isn't improving workflow, it's basic functionality in the 2023 business enviromnent. 

MsBoobear
7 Posts
User

@Leneth_A you have to be AI or a Bot there is no way a human could have looked at THIRTY FOUR PAGES of comments and likes requesting this function going back many, many years.

If it were up to me the business would go back to Reckon in a heartbeat.  and I NEVER thought those were words I would ever think let alone type or say out loud.  

The lack of care and concern and high level of disdain that FMYOB shows for its users is truly disheartening. I would go as far as to say you may the Evil Queen from Snow White look entirely maternal and caring.

Granville
6 Posts
User

@Leneth_A
I fell off my chair, receiving a response from MYOB. When I thought MYOB did not care about their customers anymore. 
Your developer's team might be looking at the stars and not this feed..
This was a request made in 2013, and hundreds of requests thereafter, if nothing is done yet, man!! what troopers!! 

Swanbay175
1 Post
User

It would be an excellent function to have seems pointless that you can email everything else except a reciept

TH-RC
5 Posts
User

Emailing receipts after receiving payment within MYOB AR should be a basic functionality provided. I understand that there is a manual (lengthy and onerous) workaround via "print to pdf" function and then manually attach outside of MYOB via other email client but that is a ridiculous workaround when you consider that MYOB AR is meant to be a full accounting package in one place for business. It is also a fundamental function provided by other accounting software platforms. Please listen to your clients and address this now MYOB.