Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
commercial
6 Posts
Cover User

Emailing receipts - MYOB status "Planned 2013". This is an absolute joke. 18 pages of posts just on this thread alone and I'm sure there are hundreds of more posts about it over the years. The emailing function for other documents is already setup on MYOB. I'm sure it would take their inhouse developers no more than half a day to build for receipts. I'm guessing MYOB never actually read any of these posts. They have been out of touch with their client for years. The problem is they've changed hands too many times - recently taken over by private equity in May 2019. I'm fast losing patience with this software, plenty of good competition out there. 

Phill2017
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We will be looking at alternatives shortly, MYOB is getting expensive and there are a lot of other options out there now.

vganz
4 Posts
Cover User

This failiure to email receits is going to be a deal breaker for me. The amount of paper and ink I spend printing these is not worth it

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

the option to email receipts is an important requirement of customers these days. People request an email of their payment to prove remittance and the extra work to supply is another archaic non-feature of MYOB!

Working in the Aged Care sector as second party payments are the norm, it MUST be implemented.

HmmmReally
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It seems inconceivable to me that after all these years we still can't email receipts after having received a payment.

Enough said.

IanWilliams
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

After applying a payment to an invoice I resend it.  The customer has a permanet record of the paid invoice.

Ian Williams

SDuddy
Experienced User
118 Posts
Experienced User

Is there any kind of update on this?  I can see this response to an email receipt idea that dates back to May 2013:

Capture.JPG

It's been 7 years!  

Currently there are two options. The first is to print receipts, scan and email them - which is a waste of paper and time consuming if you have hundreds of payments.  Or you can email customers an activity statement. I am finding that this is just confusing people as the statement shows every transaction and not just the invoices to which the payment applies.

KittyKat
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

MYOB why is this still an issue?  The systems provides an email option for Receipts but no actual process.

Is there one and I am missing it?  or not.

Thanks

NathanMMSS
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

You can print receipts - print to PDF and then email. It's really not difficult..

HmmmReally
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes Nathan, really not difficult and it would be even easier if it was baked into the application.  The fact we can email invoives from within MYOB demonstrates it is in deed possible.  The further development of MYOB can be likened to running a wisk through quick dry cement.