Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
Bek27
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

Wait, this says it was planned way back in 2013. Is it available now? I can't find where to email receipts with the click of a button, and I have clients asking how to simply or automatically send out reciepts to clients once payments are recieved (like they were able to do with their free invoicing system that they were using before coming across to MYOB). 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

@Bek27 

Sorry, you and your clients are going to be disappointed. It's not possible. The workaround is to print to a PDF creator then attach manually to an email... 

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @Bek27 ... hahahhaha... sorry to giggle... we'd all like to know where that button is..  MYOB continually ignore this one... Last time I asked about it.. steven m got a little snitchy. AS i said to them perhaps if they didn't just leave the notification that it is planned (since 2013) people wouldn't be so P@@d off.

It seems that since MYOB went to venture capitalists any concept of client feedback or customer service has gone out the window.  Their sepciality now seems to be breaking features that once worked... the bank feed dramas earlier in the year, stuffed up the intray - cant mail direct or drag from email anymore.  The random sorts of payments in whatever order MYOB likes - that ones great for internal controls - trying doing a large batch payment and then having to resort your paperwork to match the random order of reports and bank reports...  Hence the rush out the door to Xero....

Each day I am cursing these useless @#$@#$!#@ as I have to now send out 450 membership receipts - each update I think surely they'll include this - but wishful thinking.

Clifton3213
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

You would think MYOB would have dealt with issue well before now.  Do they not read this section for comments and requests for updates??  It shpould have been part of the original package way back in 2013!!  COME ON MYOB LETS FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!  NOW !!!!!!

Bek27
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

Smiley Happy I had many clients on a totally free invoicing system that had so many functions and features. I came across to MYOB on the promise that this paid, premium, product, was an all in solution that would surpass what we had been using, (and for sure there are a lot of functions that are better than the free system) but when it comes to invoicing MYOB doesn't even have simple features like emailing reciepts at the click of a button. In MYOB Essentials I can't even setup automatic/recurring invoices (Not sure about AccountRight???). Gah. 

What frustrates me the most is seeing posts like this that are years and years old saying that a solution is "in progress" or "planned" but in the software- nothing... 

MsHarry
1 Post
User

Notice that as far back as 2013 MYOB was saying emailing receipts was a function they are looking at. Just wondering 7 years down the track what is the hold up

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

I have been asking for this feature for 16 years.  I keep asking, and voting when others ask, and I am told it is being planned but have been told this for 16 years.  About time this feature was available.  If you can email invoices, email payslips etc no reason receipts cant be emailed.

Jemma1234
6 Posts
Cover User

Will this be added to an update anytime soon? Am I missing something? 

helena
7 Posts
Cover User
MYOB when are you going to up date receipts

@MHS wrote:

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Receipts should be easily able to be send With all things being paperless
Yvonne_H
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'll add my voice to the need to email receipts. So many other things can be directly emailed what is so hard with this?