Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

357 Comments
richardh9935
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User

2020 and we're still waiting.

Sollie63
3 Posts
Cover User

How long does it take to get a feature added. 8 years in the making & still cant email a receipt.

Noddysfriend
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We are a volunteer not-for-profit charity which receives many donations from the general puiblic, for which we are very thankful.

The time taken to print each receipt to a .pdf, then attach to an email, and send that email to each donor is very time consuming.

We urgently need the ability to directly 'email' all receipts to our donors.

RWAG
5 Posts
User

I still cannot believe MYOB have not introduced the emailing of receipts option, when it has been stated many times of the past 6-8 years that it is planned for AccountRight Users

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

I have been asking for the option to email receipts for 16 years and they just ignore the request.  In an era when many of us are looking after the environment, the last thing we want to do is waste paper on receipts when our customers probably throw them out anyway.  Unfortunately ATO say they must be issuesd so we are stuck wasting paper.  Come on MYOB get your act together and do what your customer ask.  Please let us email receipts.

PaulReinsch
1 Post
User

Being able to email a receipt gives a business an excellent excuse to touch base with a customer, to reinforce our level of service and professionalism as well as actually let them know their payment has been received - very important for small domestic customers who may not use internet banking often.  Printing to PDF and then attaching to an external (i.e. Outlook) email  is clunky and not consistent with the standards that MYOB should be aiming for.  

Noddysfriend
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

If this functionality has been 'planned' since 2013 - when can we expect to see it?

As a treasurer of a not-for-profit charity, we spend a lot of time generating receipts in .pdf format and attaching them to emails. It is very time consuming. The 'email remittance' facility is really good. It would save us a lot of time if we could 'email receipts' in a simlar manner.

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

I started asking for this feature in 2004, and I am still waiting.  It is so pathetic that other cheaper accounting software has this feature, but MYOB doesnt despite so many requests from so many people over the last 16 years.  I work for a not for profit preschool and like everyone have to legally give receipts even though our customers (parents) dont want them.  Printing over 400 receipts a year is a waste of paper when most are thrown out anyway.  At least with the email feature I would be abiding by ATO rules, and not wasting paper.  Please MYOB listen to your customers.

Limndy
4 Posts
Cover User

I cannot understand why there isn't an 'email receipts' feature when you can easily email invoices remittances statements.  Printing customer receipts or printing to PDF so you can email outside of Accountright is so time consuming.  Plenty of customers have requested this for a long time now, accounting programs are supposed to save you time not take take up your time. 

alex_wtjones
2 Posts
User

Please make emailing a receipt available, I do not know why this is still not part of your software????