Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
JaneS07
19 Posts
User

MYOB talked me through a me a way around this, but after investigating further, turns out they had no idea cause their way around it was just emailing a statement that you can do anyway, still not a receipt 

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

MYOB talked me through a me a way around this, but after investigating further, turns out they had no idea cause their way around it was just emailing a statement that you can do anyway, still not a receipt 

RWAG
5 Posts
User

Hi JaneS07 

Isnt that idea just sending a "statement" to your client/customer. I can do that within the regular MYOB program, it does not need to be the online version.
For one business my clients get an ACTIVITY Statement each month, and this shows their sometimes multiple invoices and then any payments made, and at the bottom reflects whats outstanding, these clients dont actually require a receipt as such.
For the other business where I am meant to be actually issuing receipts, I gave up trying to do 150 manual PDF receipts and emails each month, and just email an ACTIVITY statement within the Sales/Statement tab when they make a payment which reflects the invoices and then that payment has been received and receipted. Of course if they now have a $0 balance you need to select to show $0 customers, and is still not a perfect option. 
I still am required to do a manual emailed receipt if the clients are making payments for things that have not been invoiced though, which is a pain, there is no other way around it, and now with COVID I am not allowed to issue paper receipts at the current time.

And of course, every business needs are different.
Still disappointed that MYOB have not taken us seriously, they are evidently not end users of the program. 

commercial
6 Posts
Cover User

"due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice"

What a joke. Such an easy fix that would take a deveoper just a few hours. Typical after a listed company has been taken over by a private equity group - in fact the largest globably. Staff redundancies, slash deveopment costs and improve the bottom line. Looks good if they hold for 3 to 5 years - then sell at a higher price. Not goot for us loyal longer term customers. Time to move to Xero, still publicly listed with now twice the amount of subscribers and will remain honest. 

(Please don't modify my post) 

_-_-_-_-_
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Well that is disappointing that they just gave you a harder way to email a statement. We have just been emailing the invoices and having it show the $0 balance, not perfect or really what your meant to do but the only thing we could come up with at the time.

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We the users need to start holding MYOB accountable for the lack of useful improvements being made.

Your issue is one of many that are almost always the same real issue.

A lack of customisability in all aspects of the programme but because you have a very specific need only a small number of people will vote for this idea

They manage to divide us into small groups because we all have very specific changes or improvements that we want done but in general not enough people either see the request or want exactly that change made to get enough votes to hopefully get the idea considered for inclusion into the possible future improvements selection list that the Team will be considering for possible inclusion into the future improvements consideration list ( that nothing ever seems to get done from anyway).

Please note the long winded underlined part is deliberate as that’s how difficult it is to get Anything changed in MYOB

We need an external forum where we can distil out effective broad reaching changes to the usability of the program.

What I am referring to is things like allowing us the users to have full and complete control of what information and arrangements we want on all the onscreen and offscreen reports including sales/purchasing/inventory and accounting screens

In other words allow us to decide whatever information, in whatever format we need to suit our business in both onscreen and offscreen reports

The issue seems to be that whatever columns and information the MYOB experts decided many years ago was the one and only arrangement that we would ever need because how could we possibly know better what would suit our business operation.

We only run and manage our business everyday so how could we know what arrangement of information in on and offscreen would be best for our business.

We could then give MYOB and the Team a list of effective changes that need to be made with a request for an expected delivery date for the changes to be implemented by.

This may then help in speeding up the implementation of some really helpful changes

As in the case above about

Instead of us asking for a single useful change that only suits a few people at atime we would have a single upgrade that would make it way more useful to many users.

Darryl

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

There are many things that require a serious update to mprove this archiac program - including a very important security breach about access to confidential payroll information. THAT is a joke it is STILL open to everyone with limited to no security. Put that in your "competing priorities"!!!

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Slightly off-topic, I know but as frustrating as this is, and as often as I have also threatened to move to Xero because of this and many other bugbears, I have trialled Xero a couple of times. It has a lot of really useful features I've been hoping for in MYOB, and the integrations with other programs we use are certainly enticing. However, it turns out that there are quite a few features and functions in MYOB that aren't available in Xero. I will continue to check in with Xero on a regular basis to see if they've added them but for now (unfortunately), the features I would lose by making the switch are still marginally outweighing the benefits of changing. So I'm sticking with MYOB for the short term but I'm ready to jump ship as soon as Xero's benefits outweigh what I'll lose. The gap is decreasing and I don't think it will be long. Anyway, all that to say, I totally understand the frustrations but make sure you do a thorough test of Xero before taking that leap. You might be surprised by some of the basic things it doesn't do. If you can live with that, go for it. I can't quite yet so I'll stick with MYOB and hope it again becomes the solid, reliable, recommendable product it was when I started using it 20+ years ago.

LivingWeb
3 Posts
Cover User

@H-TSthank you for that advice about XERO - please keep us posted.

TrudiW
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

"due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice"

I assume MYOB are only working on things that they can add to make them more money. Perhaps they need to consider working on things that will keep paying customers from finding an alternative. There are so many little things that could be easily fixed, but we have to "vote" on if we want changes and we really only see these things (in order to vote) if we are actively looking for that perticular problem. Surely the goal should be to have the best product for paying customers. Come on MYOB, get your act together. Emailing Receipts should be an easy fix and will clearly make a difference to many existing customers whose loyalty is being reconsidered.