Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
Delvene
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I can't believe this is not possible

BCCAccountants
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Totally agree, we've had many clients request this option. Hopefullly this idea will come to fruition.

Stuckster
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

In the interests of making life a bit easier for everyone on this thread...

We couldn't wait for MYOB to build this feature, so we created our own solution.

We export receipt data out of MYOB, import it into our app then select the records we want to send. It automatically creates the pdfs and sends them to each client as a personalised email.

It's working beautifully and is saving us countless hours of manually printing/emailing receipts to each client.

Very satisfying to click one button and see 50 receipts all emailed out.

If you are interested or would like to know more please send me a private message (click on my name, then on the green Send Message button).

judyholmes1965
2 Posts
Cover User

Account Right doesn't provide the function for emailing receipts. Can this be a priority. Sorry last suggestion I had inadvertently put remittances.

Phill2017
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Emailing receipts sugestion 2013?    Guess its still not an option?

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Seriously can MYOB not see all the comments.  Marking it as planned for AccountRight Live users (since Aug 2013!!!) just infuriates further.

As I have just saved another 150 receipts to the cute pdf writer and emailed them, I have not been having good thoughts about your product.

This is now to the point of just being inept.  Really in the electronic age, you have taken 5 years to do nothing about this.

Current Status : MYOB just don't give a .....  

Stuckster
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I've received a few enquires about the "Receipt Emailer" solution that I created to tackle this issue, so thought I would post some additional info.

It's designed to be hosted on the backend of a website running an SQL database. For example, my wife's business operates using a combination of MYOB, Wordpress, Excel and Gmail. So we decided to install it as a Wordpress plugin for additional security. But since every business operates differently the solution could be customised to work in other business environments.

Here's a screen grab.

20180801-124147.png

As mentioned, receipt data is exported from MYOB and imported into the application. You can then select the records that need to be sent and it automatically creates the pdfs and sends them to each client/customer as a personalised email. Pdf's can be fully customised. You can also have multiple pdf templates.

If you are interested please PM me (click on my name, then on the green Send Message button).

JAM168
Experienced Partner
44 Posts
Experienced Partner

Can MYOB provide some ETA on this - it's been ongoing since August 2013 and nothing has happened. Clearly there are enough of us who want this feature to justify implementing it?

Cheryl72
2 Posts
Cover User

Can you email receipts to customers from Account Right? 

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Cheryl72No. Not without a workaround (print to PDF then manually attach to an email).  And it's been "planned" since August 2013.  Smiley Sad