Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
NathanMMSS
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

@HmmmReallyagreed haha!! I can't see that it would be difficult either given the options already available, but yes, it doesn't seem they listen very much!!

SDuddy
Experienced User
118 Posts
Experienced User

Printing any find of customised forms directly to pdf puts lines around the fields which looks terrible. 

These are not field borders, I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of them with no success.

Printing to pdf and emailing might work fine if you only have one or two receipts to send, but not when you have hundreds.

ABS2
9 Posts
User

@HmmmReally wrote:

It seems inconceivable to me that after all these years we still can't email receipts after having received a payment.

Enough said.

I know, right!? This is utterly ridiculous. 

stacey_pavljuk
2 Posts
User

This should be a top priority in my opinion. It's bizarre that it hasn't been implemented yet.

AlCopley
1 Post
User

I am amazed this function is not included.

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Yep and seems that it is way too hard for them as so many people have commented and would find it useful.  Not a priority for MYOB apparently!!!

SPELDNZ
6 Posts
User

A main reason to move up from essential to accountright was that we could email the receipts as we recieve daily payments cash payments whom expect receipts emailed. 

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Great news

Max2
2 Posts
User

I have sent in a few emails over the past couple of years requesting the ability to email sales receipts.  Each time there is a standard reply that it will be done in the future.  The ability to do this simply instead of saving a receipt as a pdf & emailing separately is time consuming & ridiculous, given we can email a sale directly.  When does MYOB propose to catch up to other accounting software and make this a simplified process?

CAFNEC
4 Posts
Cover User

Obviously they are not interested in this community forum as a feedback tool, as there is never an official response. This is just so they can pretend to listen and make us think they care.