Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Remove the warning for Pay Bill transactions (when supplier is selected)

Partner

33Posts

122Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi, one of the more annoying features that I find is when MYOB wants to persistently warn me when I make a Spend Money entry that perhaps I should be using Purchases for this entry when this is not so.  This annoying little warning holds me up every time.

Thanks Debbie

"Remove or provide an option to remove the warnings for Purchase Entries"

If the cheque you are entering is a payment for a purchase that you have recorded, you should be using "Pay Bills" instead of "Spend Money"

Attachment.PNG

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion @DebTraj .Anyone who would like and opion to disable or hide pop-up warnings please cast your vote here. Please comment stating which warnings you would like to be able to disable.

63 Comments
_Wes_
4 Posts
Cover User

I completely agree, I find this very annoying and it is still happening as at v 2018.2. I think it happens for suppliers that you have ever used Pay Bills for instead of Spend Money. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a fantastic idea to warn people if I do owe money to the supplier however to me anyway, it is a no brainer to only bring up this warning if the Pay Bills balance for the supplier is non zero.

If I record a purchase for $100 to XYZ corp and then later I am paying money to XYZ corp in Spend Money then it just makes sense to check if I owe any money to XYZ corp and then warn me. In fact it's a great idea because it may be that I should very well be applying that payment to the bill.

However if I don't currently owe any money to XYZ corp (even if I have recorded purchases to them in the past), then don't do the warning, it really gets annoying after the 100th time. This would surely would be an easy fix?

Penny_Accounts
Trusted Cover User
86 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Can we please also remove the warning around Receive Money vs Receive Payment?

I have just upgraded to 2018.2 from V19.xx

I am suddenly receiving a warning when I use Banking > Receive Money to check if it is money for a sale it should be entered as Receive Payment.

Can we please get a fix to disable this warning? All it needs is a dialog box - do not show this warning again.

90% of my company's income is recorded as Receive Money, so suddenly recording the daily income takes twice as long because I have to keep cancelling the warning.

sambennett
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

would like ability to disable the warning that a supplier card being used in a spend money, should possibly be used to pay bills.

ShnnnD
4 Posts
Cover User

I wish i could vote on this about 100 times.  This annoys me on a daily basis.  I really like one of the comments that suggest an I've got it (and maybe an educational paragraph on how to choose the right option.    I see that it has some value but for experienced users it is an extreme time waster and is the thing that i most dislike about MYOB right.

ShnnnD
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi 

Can i suggest another way , that there is a flag of some sort on the supplier card that stipulates whether is should be a "Bill" type entry or a "Spend" type entry and the notification only triggers if the Spend money is used for a card flagged as a Bill type supplier.   I expect this is simpler than whatever historical flag is currently being used and would be very easy for an user to turn on or off.  You could even have a permission for the ability to change the flag. 

Shannon.

gregjodie
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

please take this off its double handling and unnecessary

BusGirl
5 Posts
Cover User

This has annoyed me since I started using MYOB 15 years ago.

shanenG
1 Post
User

Would love the option to remove this. Very annoying.

PowerC
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So this was first suggested in 2014 and five years later nothing has been done yet?   MYOB are you going to do something to help us out here?

BJR1
2 Posts
User

I just called MYOB to get an answer to this and the p e r s o n   t h a t   a n s w e r e d   w a s   a b o u t   a s   s h a r p   a s   a   s l e d g e    h a m m e r   ! ! !

Another reason to go to another Accounting Program. A 5min fix for their programmers and they havent tone it yet!!!!!!